2 Rounds, Explanations, Trades, 1 Key FA Addition

Nickpeloso17

I'm not opposed to trading Diggs for the compensation. I'd like to package in Mohammad Sanu in for Diggs as well for that trade to fill in the WR spot even more. Round 2 would need to be OL,DT or another WR. What ever is BPA at that spot. CB and DE in the first are great. Epenesa is a great fit and is a steal at that spot in the draft!

No way the Chargers go for Bridgewater in FA and draft a QB round 1... its either/or. If you say its for someone to mentor the rookie, we have Tyrod Taylor under contract to do that and he is much more in the mold of what Coach Lynn wants in a QB than Bridgewater plus he's signed for a decent price. I can't see them throwing enough money to Bridgewater to get him, plus #6 pick price, plus Taylor's current cost... especially with needing to resign Bosa and other young talent.

FA wise we probably go O-line or D-line if we plan on going QB in the first.

5 hours ago, scar988 said:

Chaisson would honestly play SLB in base and slide into DE in nickel. So I'm totally down with it.

Yeah im pretty sure he would be a slb in base as well but i much prefer epenesa of the 2 if i have both as a choice to me.   As said im not completely against Chassion he just isn't my 1st choice off the board at DE or OLB.  With no off field issues at all from anyone and just going on talent alone and who i like at the D-line spot he would be probably my last choice of the 1st round guys.

in order for me it would go  Young, Brown, Kinlaw, Epenesa, Matos,  Chassion.   If i can throw in lb's as well since chassion will be one at times then Simmons is right after Young and Murray is right there with matos and chassion.

14 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

If the Eagles trade up for anyone, Ruggs would be the guy.

Giving up that 2 would be difficult, but I would not hate the move for sure. Especially if the Eagles landed Byron Jones in FA.

The only thing I see is having Nelson Agholor a “key addition” to any team? Yikes...... 

i'd rather have shenault and a second than ruggs. 

• Like 1

Love J.K Dobbins to the Falcons in round 2 but the TE is a easy pass for me as i wouldn't touch one until round 4 at earliest and probably even round 5.  I'll take a DT, OLB, or LG/C long before i take a TE.  The TE group in this draft isn't that impressive to begin with to me and our offense with Graham and Hooper was about the same which leads me to believe our TE position where as it's important isn't quite as important in Koetters offense as i thought it was.  We can get by with Graham, Luke, and a cheaper vet around 4 mil a year or so or a 4th/5th round guy and not miss a beat as has already been shown.   Now if you think  hunter has elite all pro TE upside and is a better player than hooper could be and is built more in the mold of a gronk, kelce, or kittle.  Then maybe just maybe i can talk myself into taking one that early but im just not seeing it from this TE group this year to waste such a early pick on a position that didn't change much for our offense when our main guy went down and Graham took over.    Our defensive front 7 on the other hand needs all the help it can get as does our run game from the O-line.  Would much rather take a Russ Blalock in the 2nd round for the Falcons to put next to Grady, Fowler, Takk, and AJ or Chassion.

Edited by FalconFan13

29 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Braun is not a 3-4 OLB.  His ankles has about the same amount of bend as a 4x4.  He is a 4-3 SLB.  Give the Steelers Ruiz or, if it must be an OLB Uche.

Once again, @jebrick is out here crushing it. It looks like in this mock we keep Dupree too. Give me Ruiz every day of the week. That dude is going to be a stud.