2020 NFL Pro Days (Edited)

JetsandI

On 2/24/2020 at 7:21 PM, Bobby816 said:

Hamler only 5’8.5” 178lbs

Again, I don't think you can pigeonhole the guy based on size with his kind of speed. As much as you would prefer a guy with bigger size, it sounds pretty clear to me that the Jets are going to prioritize speed throughout this process. I'm a PSU fan so I'm biased, but this guy is on a different level speed/quickness wise. Yes, body type is Tavon Austin, but Hamler is more of a receiver than Tavon ever was. KJ - albeit in a spread offense - has operated all over the field and is very refined as a route runner. He can beat you inside, outside, short-game, deep-game... just an all-around fascinating prospect that I think would be right up there with Lamb/Jeudy/Ruggs if he was 2 inches taller and 10 lbs heavier. 

FWIW, I think it's going to be important for fans to keep in mind that like him or not, the link will be realistic. Between the Mecole Hardman comps to Gase's historical preference for guys with expansive and precise route trees and fast feet to the expression/perception that the team is looking for speedy YAC game-breakers, KJ is one of a few guys this class has to offer that fit that category of receiver. Personally, you'll see me get on the table for Aiyuk if he falls anywhere outside the top 25, but I do think KJ is the most realistic option at 48 if that's the route we're going, no pun intended. Reagor is going to be connected too, but neither Aiyuk or Reagor are as diverse of route runners as KJ is today. 

4 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

Again, I don't think you can pigeonhole the guy based on size with his kind of speed. As much as you would prefer a guy with bigger size, it sounds pretty clear to me that the Jets are going to prioritize speed throughout this process. I'm a PSU fan so I'm biased, but this guy is on a different level speed/quickness wise. Yes, body type is Tavon Austin, but Hamler is more of a receiver than Tavon ever was. KJ - albeit in a spread offense - has operated all over the field and is very refined as a route runner. He can beat you inside, outside, short-game, deep-game... just an all-around fascinating prospect that I think would be right up there with Lamb/Jeudy/Ruggs if he was 2 inches taller and 10 lbs heavier. 

FWIW, I think it's going to be important for fans to keep in mind that like him or not, the link will be realistic. Between the Mecole Hardman comps to Gase's historical preference for guys with expansive and precise route trees and fast feet to the expression/perception that the team is looking for speedy YAC game-breakers, KJ is one of a few guys this class has to offer that fit that category of receiver. Personally, you'll see me get on the table for Aiyuk if he falls anywhere outside the top 25, but I do think KJ is the most realistic option at 48 if that's the route we're going, no pun intended. Reagor is going to be connected too, but neither Aiyuk or Reagor are as diverse of route runners as KJ is today. 

I hear ya. I don’t question his talent. But fact is someone that small is a health risk. And to use a valuable pick and a big piece to help our franchise qb on a dude that small is risky. A LOT more prone to injury and concussions. That’s my thing.