Can we get a legitimate slot WR?

BleedTheClock

We need a dude that can uncover and work the middle of the field. It'd open up our offense immensely. Who are some of the FA's you'd like to see us target? Who are some of the draft prospects that have enough wiggle to make a splash?

I like Austin Proehl and Nelson Agholor as FA's. I like KJ Hamler and Devin Duvernay in the draft. This isn't a great slot WR draft to be honest.

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

We need a dude that can uncover and work the middle of the field. It'd open up our offense immensely. Who are some of the FA's you'd like to see us target? Who are some of the draft prospects that have enough wiggle to make a splash?

I like Austin Proehl and Nelson Agholor as FA's. I like KJ Hamler and Devin Duvernay in the draft. This isn't a great slot WR draft to be honest.

Give me a big bodied true outside WR via the draft and move OBJ and Landry to the outside/slot depending on formations and personnel, with Njoku able to as well.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Give me a big bodied true outside WR via the draft and move OBJ and Landry to the outside/slot depending on formations and personnel, with Njoku able to as well.

That would also be good with me. A jumbo WR/TE like Brycen Hopkins would allow Landry to move into the slot. Or Hopkins could just play in the slot.

I still think we need a little jitterbug that can wreck slot CB's that try to play man on us.

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

That would also be good with me. A jumbo WR/TE like Brycen Hopkins would allow Landry to move into the slot. Or Hopkins could just play in the slot.

I still think we need a little jitterbug that can wreck slot CB's that try to play man on us.

Guys I'd like outside are someone like Tyler Johnson (6'2), Collin Johnson (6'6), or DPJ (6'2) that could be Day 2-3 gems. Chase Claypool at 6'4 intgigues me as well. From there, Landry in the slot would be a matchup nightmare for teams, and throwing OBJ/Njoku into the mix, you have insane Red Zone matchup issues and can shift/motion guys in and out at will. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

I think we're pretty set at WR aside from late round/ cheap vets. TE is the real question mark and a big time player in the offenses Stefanski has run before. They'll probably add a legitimate challenger to Njoku if he isn't shipped off before next season. 

Keep an eye on Kyle Rudolph as a cap casualty