Time to ask the question: Is it Derrick Henry time?

titans0021

What kind of role should Derrick Henry have moving forward?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of role should Derrick Henry have moving forward?

• Derrick Henry should be the feature back
    • There should be a 60/40 ratio in favor of Henry.
    • There should be a 60/40 ratio in favor of Murray.
    • Murray should remain the unquestioned starter until Henry can block.

Henry is definitely getting better and Im happy to see it.

I think people are way to low on Murray right now. The guy can do it all when healthy and he keeps Marcus up (Which is KINDA LIKE A BIG DEAL!!!) and he was the 3rd leading rusher in the nfl last season. Im not going to let two MEH games this year change the way I looked at Demarco after last year. And everyone is saying that Henry starting would keep Murray fresh which is great but it goes both ways... If you don't think Murray being out there early doesn't help Henry come in and smash over guys in the 3rd and 4th you're not thinking about it.

Idk I just want Murray to be healthy and Henry to keep getting better cause that means we have TWO really really good backs :D

I don't think it's a fair question until Murray is healthy.

Murray last year, when healthy was balling. Towards the end of the year, he had the foot and that took him down a level but his pass catching was boss.  That catch against the Chiefs is still top 5. Even for a WR. 

Henry should be starter if Murray isn't 100% and used as such until healthy.

If both healthy, I'll give Murray the start and adjust quickly if he is still lacking any type of mojo with the line.

If Murray's hammy is acting up, I say sit him until it's fully healthy.  Hamstrings are very tricky and too risky to trot him out there if he's not 100%.  And I feel the same way about Corey Davis as well.  Let Henry and Fluellen carry the load for now, and use Fowler from time to time.  Allow DeMarco to heel properly for now, so he can been fresh and ready down the stretch in the second half.  This is by no means an attempt to fade Murray out because the dude is money in our offense and still part of the 1-2 combo.  And when he returns, he'll come back running angry and ready to tear a$$.

1 hour ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Talking about Henry... here's a little vid of him running over Ramsey... over... and over... and over...   And it looks like they'll be adding a couple more clips from this past game... lol

The play at 33 seconds is definitely my favorite. 99% of backs just keep running outside and get pushed out of bounds. He actively hesitates and cuts in just so he can deliver one more shot.

I don't think either should be the feature back. I think that right now, Henry is the hot hand. Obviously Murray being hurt is a reason for that, but ride the hot hand in Henry for now and when Murray is back to full health, we can adjust and hopefully use both of them for an about equal amount of touches. Murray is much better in the pass game and when healthy can provide some great runs. Henry is a great guy to use to wear a defense down and to wind a game down. I hope when Murray is fully healthy, we continue to utilize both backs and not just have a few plays a game that the backup gets in.

10 hours ago, titans0021 said:

The play at 33 seconds is definitely my favorite. 99% of backs just keep running outside and get pushed out of bounds. He actively hesitates and cuts in just so he can deliver one more shot.

Henry has a personal grudge against Ramsey it seems......and I like it. :)

On 9/19/2017 at 11:05 AM, KingTitan said:

Henry has a personal grudge against Ramsey it seems......and I like it. :)

Ramsey will someday get the best of him on at least one play sometime in the future something I actually hope never happens but in football it is something that is likely. 

On 9/18/2017 at 6:58 PM, VY-FTW said:

Henry is definitely getting better and Im happy to see it.

I think people are way to low on Murray right now. The guy can do it all when healthy and he keeps Marcus up (Which is KINDA LIKE A BIG DEAL!!!) and he was the 3rd leading rusher in the nfl last season. Im not going to let two MEH games this year change the way I looked at Demarco after last year. And everyone is saying that Henry starting would keep Murray fresh which is great but it goes both ways... If you don't think Murray being out there early doesn't help Henry come in and smash over guys in the 3rd and 4th you're not thinking about it.

Idk I just want Murray to be healthy and Henry to keep getting better cause that means we have TWO really really good backs :D

:D:D 

Archived