Pre-Combine Mock Offseason

hoekd0250

2020 Cap Space: 23.7 Million

Cuts: 

Jimmy Graham (TE) ~ +8.0 million

Lane Taylor (OG) ~ +4.6 million

New Cap Space: 36.3 million

Re-Signings:

Mason Crosby (K) ~ 3yr - 12.9 million (1st year - 6.0 million)

Jared Veldheer (OT) ~ 1yr - 3.0  million

Tramon Williams (CB) ~ 1yr - 2.5 million

Tyler Ervin (RB) ~ 1 yr - 1.0 million

Tyler Lancaster (NT) ~ 1yr - 0.75 million

Allen Lazard (WR) ~ 1yr - 0.75 million

Jake Kumerow (WR) ~ 1yr - 0.75 million

Robert Tonyan (TE) ~ 1yr - 0.75 million

Chandon Sullivan (S) ~ 1yr - 0.75 million

Will Redmon (CB) ~ 1yr - 0.75 million

Cap Space after Resignings: 19.3 million

Free Agents:

Quinton Jefferson (DE) ~ 4yr - 20.6 million (1st year - 5.1 million)

Tajae Sharpe (WR) ~ 3yr - 10.0 million (1st year - 3.5 million)

Nigel Bradham (ILB) ~ 2yr - 6.5 million (1st year - 2.5 million)

Mike Pennel (NT) ~ 1yr - 1.0 million

New Cap Space: 7.2 million

Draft Cap: 3.0 million

Rollover: 4.2 million

2020 Draft Picks:

1st Round (Pick 30)

Austin Jackson (OT) ~ USC 

2nd Round (Pick 62)

Akeem Davis-Gaithers (ILB) ~ Appalachian State

3rd Round (Pick 94)

Donavan Peoples-Jones (WR) ~ Michigan

4th Round (Pick 126)

Jacob Phillips (ILB) ~ LSU

5th Round (Pick 158)

Cheyenne O'Grady (TE) ~ Arkansas

6th Round (Pick 173)

Jordan Fuller (S) ~ Ohio State

6th Round (Pick 190)

Khalil Tate (QB) ~ Arizona

7th Round (Pick 202)

Salvon Ahmed (RB) ~ Washington

7th Round (Pick 220)

Dallas Warmack (OG) ~ Oregon

Depth Cart:

QB: Rodgers/Boyle/Tate

HB: Jones/Williams/Ervin/Williams/Ahmed

FB: Vitale

WR: Adams/Sharpe/Lazard/EQ/People-Jones/MVS/Kumerow

TE: Sternberger/Toynan/O'Grady

OT: Bakhtiari/Veldheer/Jackson/Light/Nijman

OG: Jenkins/Turner/Patrick/Warmack

OC: Linsley/Madison

DE: Jefferson/Lowery/Lancaster/Keke/Pennel

NT: Clark/Adams

OLB: Z.Smith/P.Smith/Gary/William/Ramsey

ILB: Burks/Bradham/Davis-Gaithers/Phillips/Summers

CB: Alexander/King/Williams/Sullivan/Jackson/Hollman

S: Amos/Savage/Redmon/Fuller/Greene

k: Crosby

P: Scott

LS: Bradley

• Like 1

I like how realistic this mock is. We're not going to sign good free agents for under market value which everyone loves. I'm starting to think we're not going to sign Bulaga and Veldheer. Its going to be either or and if its Veldheer, then we'll see an OT somewhat early like your mock. 

I really like the draft too. Went premium and probably biggest need in the first. ILB & WR next. I havent been watching where fuller will go but is it near the 6th round?

Edited by Kenrik
Valdeer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We didn't get better here. 

A slight upgrade at WR doesn't make up for RT being really ugly now.

A nice upgrade at DE also doesn't make up for ILB being streaming trash. 

You better hope that CBA gets done or you're going to be real disappointed with reality as you don't seem to grasp that 30% rule.

Don't love it.  Not sure we're much better than we were last year.  Don't see much improvement at WR (huge Michigan fan that doesn't see DPJ being any sort of difference maker at the next level) and we'd have an absolute disaster at TE. 

Not sure what anyone seen in Jace last year that would suggest that he's going to go from the healthy scratch caliber of player he was to quality NFL starter.  Given Lewis' usage last year, I think that MLF is going to want a TE he can trust as a blocker, those 3 are not that IMO.

23 minutes ago, SSG said:

Don't love it.  Not sure we're much better than we were last year.  Don't see much improvement at WR (huge Michigan fan that doesn't see DPJ being any sort of difference maker at the next level) and we'd have an absolute disaster at TE. 

Not sure what anyone seen in Jace last year that would suggest that he's going to go from the healthy scratch caliber of player he was to quality NFL starter.  Given Lewis' usage last year, I think that MLF is going to want a TE he can trust as a blocker, those 3 are not that IMO.

Are you leaving DL or OL weak to pay a TE??

4 hours ago, hoekd0250 said:

2020 Draft Picks:
1st Round (Pick 30) - Austin Jackson (OT) ~ USC
2nd Round (Pick 62) - Akeem Davis-Gaithers (ILB) ~ Appalachian State

TDN take on the top two picks:

Austin Jackson (OT) ~ USC - 1st Round (Pick 30)

• Class Junior
  • Conf Pac-12 - South
  • Jersey#73
  • HT6'6"
  • DOB05/17/1999
  • WT310 lbs
  • 8th best rated OT and 63rd overall prospect

BEST TRAIT - Length, Mobility
WORST TRAIT - Balance
RED FLAGS - None
NFL COMP - Greg Little 

A two-year starter at left tackle for Southern Cal, Jackson offers an intriguing blend of length, mobility and a frame capable of adding more muscle to improve his play strength. While there are some appealing components to Jackson and his projection to the next level, he needs a technical overhaul in terms of his footwork to take advantage of his length and quickness. A scheme-specific prospect, Jackson is only a candidate for zone blocking run schemes as he lacks the play strength, bend and tenacity needed to uproot defensive linemen out of their gap. In addition, Jackson has to operate under better control and develop the technique needed to play with far better bend, body control and contact balance. Jackson has enough in the toolbox to develop into a starter but I don’t expect that to happen early in his career and he needs a considerable amount of work. 

Akeem Davis-Gaithers (ILB) ~ Appalachian State - 2nd Round (Pick 62)

• Class RS Senior
  • Conf Sun Belt - East
  • Jersey#24
  • HT6'2"
  • DOB09/21/1997
  • WT219 lbs
  • 8th best rated LB and 121st overall prospect

Best Trait - Short Area Quickness
Worst Trait - Block Shedding
Best Film - South Carolina (2019)
Worst Film - South Alabama (2019)
Red Flags - None

Summary - Akeem Davis-Gaither projects best as a sub-package linebacker at the next level. Davis-Gaither is slippery along the LOS to duck blockers and shows very good short area quickness — but his lack of length and anchor are going to make it difficult for him to drop down into the box and effectively challenge and shed blockers. Instead, Davis-Gaither's pathway to NFL success is predicated in playing him in space and letting him flow freely to the football. Nickel/dime backer with ST upside. 

39 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Are you leaving DL or OL weak to pay a TE??

I don't think we have to do either.  We can improve the DL and keep the OL a strength without going into next year without a true NFL caliber TE.  Whether that's bringing Lewis back on a cheap deal or adding a second tier UFA TE.  While I wouldn't be opposed to giving some of Graham's money to Henry, I'm not advocating for giving any of the top 3 UFA TE big time contracts.  

I don't think Jace showed us enough last year to suggest that he's going to go from a healthy scratch caliber player to NFL starter overnight.  

1 minute ago, SSG said:

I don't think we have to do either.  We can improve the DL and keep the OL a strength without going into next year without a true NFL caliber TE.  Whether that's bringing Lewis back on a cheap deal or adding a second tier UFA TE.  While I wouldn't be opposed to giving some of Graham's money to Henry, I'm not advocating for giving any of the top 3 UFA TE big time contracts.  

I don't think Jace showed us enough last year to suggest that he's going to go from a healthy scratch caliber player to NFL starter overnight.  

Marcedes is going to catch 10 balls a year. That doesn't move the needle. Once you pay an OT and a DL, you have enough left over for 1 mid tier WR, TE or ILB. 

There isn't as much money as you think apparently. I'm fine with Jace, Tonyan, draft pick.

• Like 3

I'm with Raymond on this one. You have a weak TE class, a 2nd year TE who showed some promise late last year, and some developmental guys that would benefit from more talent at WR.

As for this mock. Not a fan of the first two picks. I think we can get Akeem in the 3rd. Cheyenne O'Grady is undraftable given his off-the-field issues.

29 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Just means we need to not sign the Veldheers.

If you've got a 8-9m year 1 cap hit on Bulaga, think the top tier DL is gone and you're in run plug/lower tier DL territory. If you do get the top tier guy, that's another 7-9m hit and now you go to the draft with no WR, TE or ILB signed.

Not signing Bulaga and adding Jackson (high pick OT)+ bringing back Veldheer in order to spend elsewhere is a very real possibility you need to come to grips with of they don't get this CBA done. 

18 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If you've got a 8-9m year 1 cap hit on Bulaga, think the top tier DL is gone and you're in run plug/lower tier DL territory. If you do get the top tier guy, that's another 7-9m hit and now you go to the draft with no WR, TE or ILB signed.

Not signing Bulaga and adding Jackson (high pick OT)+ bringing back Veldheer in order to spend elsewhere is a very real possibility you need to come to grips with of they don't get this CBA done. 

I've got no problem doing that. The issue is resigning Veldheer. The margins this year are tiny with the 30% rule in place. We need to cut out the buffer.