Pace and Nagy Press Conference

WindyCity

3 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Correction.  If he trades anything higher than a 4th for either one of those guys and their salaries are not restructured down by a lot then he deserves to be fired on the spot.

Carr and Dalton are not the same.

15 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

They’re pretty damn similar statistically in ypg, ypa and QB Rating. Dalton throws more INTs but has a respectable TD/INT ratio, and Carr is also notoriously risk averse per the Raider fans which isn’t really better. Carr has had his offense in the top half of the league in scoring once in 6 years. Dalton 4 of 9 years, but not since 2015. Neither has won a playoff game. Both have been to the Pro Bowl 3x, for whatever that’s worth. I don’t see any real remaining upside in either guy either. Saying one is a significantly better option than the other on the merit of their play alone doesn’t really add up to me. When you factor the money you’d have to pay either guy the choice between the two is obvious. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Might be the bourbon talking right now but Carr might be the only QB out of Carr, Mariota, Dalton, Keenum that I'd be okay bailing on Trubisky for at this point. 

I also don't ever see it happening so point is moot.. Mute? Moot? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WindyCity said:

They are not the same but let's not pretend that one is vastly better than the other.  There is nothing that really supports your claim other than personal opinion.

10 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

They’re pretty damn similar statistically in ypg, ypa and QB Rating. Dalton throws more INTs but has a respectable TD/INT ratio, and Carr is also notoriously risk averse per the Raider fans which isn’t really better. Carr has had his offense in the top half of the league in scoring once in 6 years. Dalton 4 of 9 years, but not since 2015. Neither has won a playoff game. Both have been to the Pro Bowl 3x, for whatever that’s worth. I don’t see any real remaining upside in either guy either. Saying one is a significantly better option than the other on the merit of their play alone doesn’t really add up to me. When you factor the money you’d have to pay either guy the choice between the two is obvious. 

Ed Zachary!

We should be looking for pro level competence and previously demonstrated success which in my world is best evidenced by a QBs wins vs losses and his ability to take his team into the playoffs.  Statistically Jay Cutler was a far better QB than his W/L record indicated but we moved on from him because of it and our lack of playoff appearances most of which had nothing to do with Cutler alone.

Upside?  Mitch IS THE UPSIDE if we can ever drag it out of him.  I believe what Pace wants to do is raise the floor in the QB room so we don't end up with a 2020 season that ends like the 2019.  If Mitch has no upside we'll need to draft another rookie QB and hope that he does.  In the meantime what we need as an affordable QB whose capable of winning more than 50% of his starts to come in to push Mitch or take over should Mitch fail to progress and keep the team competitive.  This is the real NFL not Madden Football.

Beyond that Carr would represent a move that says Mitch will be replaced and no one whose been listening to Pace and Nagy could honestly come to that conclusion right now.  So there is zero basis for even debating it.  IMHO it's no more likely Carr will end up in Chicago then Brady, Rivers, Bridgewater, etc., or anyone else only interested in going where they will be the starter not a "Bumper Engine" for Mitch Trubisky's growth.  Any contention that David Carr is a franchise level QB or capable of becoming one should be moot. 

Gruden wouldn't even think of trading him or releasing if he was.

• Like 2