2020 Combine Thread

KC_Guy

1 hour ago, Kirill said:

RB Jonathan Taylor ran a 4.39. Fastest out of all of the RB's. Also is by far the most decorated. I would be stoked if we got him.

My only concern with Taylor is his usage history. However, I also had that with McCaffery and he's done well so far without any significant injuries. If we trade down from 32, I wouldn't mind picking him early in the 2nd.

4 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

My only concern with Taylor is his usage history. However, I also had that with McCaffery and he's done well so far without any significant injuries. If we trade down from 32, I wouldn't mind picking him early in the 2nd.

It's a valid concern. 300 rushing attempts each of the past 3 seasons. But at least he doesn't have a 4th year in college and we have a pass heavy offense so it might be like taking the ankle weights off for him. 12-14 touches a game for a dude who was averaging like 25 a game in college without injury problems? I think he could handle it.

Edited by Kirill

Taylor would be an instant impact monster for this team. I get the concerns about number of snaps, but the reality is that RBs are only valuable on their rookie contract anyway. Snaps in college shoudnt be too much of a concern over the 4/5 years of that rookie contract, imo.

5 hours ago, Kirill said:

TE Adam Trautman looks like a great mid round pick. He reminds me a lot of Kelce. He had the best 3 cone speed... almost the best of all time, used to be a QB, and is coming off a monster season of 14 TD's.

He isn't a mid round pick. Mid day #2 maybe. It would take #63 if he lasts that long. The one I am interested in is Albert Okwuegbunam. His official measurements are 6'5", 248 and he smoked the 40 at the combine, a full tenth of a second under the next fastest. 

J

5 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

He isn't a mid round pick. Mid day #2 maybe. It would take #63 if he lasts that long. The one I am interested in is Albert Okwuegbunam. His official measurements are 6'5", 248 and he smoked the 40 at the combine, a full tenth of a second under the next fastest. 

J

This is definitely a strong TE class. I just want us to get one of them if they fall to us and are BPA.

It is a strong TE class, but it does not have that reputation because it lacks a first round stud. It's strong in a lot of positions we could use an infusion quality depth--IOL, DT, ILB, RB, WR, TE. These are all positions where talent is prone to slide.

J