It's now or never

BossierWhoDat

We are major Saints fans here. For us to talk about Payton leaving (possibly Loomis and Brees too) is natural. We invest a lot of energy in our team and we hope to see a good product on the field. Unfortunately, we haven't been rewarded for our energy in many years. So for us to talk about him being fired and moving on is pretty normal, but I think its different this time because I'm really starting to hear it coming from casual fans also. My point is that it's finally happening, guys. The fans have had enough!

This off-season and preseason TRULY felt like something was finally coming together, but now we've started 0-2 again looking at 0-3 or worse. It's either now or never for Payton and his staff. Either you turn it around and somehow create a wonderful message that resonates with the players and turn this awful start into a wonderful playoff story, or you pack your bags and go.

Somehow, I just know it's the latter...

Though I know it's for the best that Payton leaves and Brees moves on, it's hard to put a close on this awesome journey. '06 - '11 were the glory days :D:x

Thanks for the good years Coach Payton, they were fun while they lasted!

I agree... I honestly feel a parting between the Saints and Payton would play out much like the Andy Reid/Eagles situation played out a few years ago where Reid went on to build a great team in KC but his time in Philly had run its course. 

I think a very similar situation is brewing in NOLA right now... Its actually been brewing for a while now. Its just time guys... Paytons time im NOLA has run its course and as Bossier stated, it was fun while it lasted but all good things come to an end. It just feels like the Saints are beating on a dead mans chest these days.

It's extremely rare for a coach to stay at a job as long as Payton without there ever being a dropoff.  Any Reid obviously is the perfect example, but even Cowher started to lose the team it seemed for a little, Bill Parcells in his numerous stays, heck look at John Harbaugh right now with Baltimore, he's been up and down as well.  Just the Saints need to get a different voice in the franchise.

1 minute ago, Raves said:

It's extremely rare for a coach to stay at a job as long as Payton without there ever being a dropoff.  Any Reid obviously is the perfect example, but even Cowher started to lose the team it seemed for a little, Bill Parcells in his numerous stays, heck look at John Harbaugh right now with Baltimore, he's been up and down as well.  Just the Saints need to get a different voice in the franchise.

This is why Belichick is the GOAT, and it's not even close.

12 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

This is why Belichick is the GOAT, and it's not even close.

Such a rare combination of talent. No argument that Tom Brady's one of, if not the GOAT. Belichick has also proven he just can't seem to be stopped.

Payton... it's just time (about 3 years ago) to let go.

19 hours ago, BossierWhoDat said:

I think its different this time because I'm really starting to hear it coming from casual fans also.

THAT is good news. I don't know of a fan base so blindly adherent to a broken regime than casual Saints fans from 2009-2015

3 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

I don't know of a fan base so blindly adherent to a broken regime than casual Saints fans from 2009-2015

I really think a big part of it is fearing the loss of Brees. As we all know, he's a god around these parts. I'll admit, that's a big part of why I'm still clinging on to the wagon. I don't want to see Brees go.

7 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

THAT is good news. I don't know of a fan base so blindly adherent to a broken regime than casual Saints fans from 2009-2015

Sean Payton looked like the second best coach in the league until 2014.  We went 7-9 in 2012 without him, and assumed we could turn it around when he came back.  In 2013, we did turn it around and went 11-5 with a top ten defense.  In 2014, thinks looked crappy again, and Brees didn't have the best year, and the next thing I hear is everyone screaming Brees is done, and Payton needs to be fired.  I feel one losing season is far too short a time span to call for the heads of a coach/QB combo that had such a career from 06-13.  Even two losing seasons, while raising serious red flags, Payton deserved the benefit of the doubt.  The third losing season is where I drew the line, and I didn't want him back this year.  But now that he's here, I do want to win.  I never want to tank.  I do not enjoy watching a team tank, even if it is better for the long run.

18 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

Sean Payton looked like the second best coach in the league until 2014.  We went 7-9 in 2012 without him, and assumed we could turn it around when he came back.  In 2013, we did turn it around and went 11-5 with a top ten defense.  In 2014, thinks looked crappy again, and Brees didn't have the best year, and the next thing I hear is everyone screaming Brees is done, and Payton needs to be fired.  I feel one losing season is far too short a time span to call for the heads of a coach/QB combo that had such a career from 06-13.  Even two losing seasons, while raising serious red flags, Payton deserved the benefit of the doubt.  The third losing season is where I drew the line, and I didn't want him back this year.  But now that he's here, I do want to win.  I never want to tank.  I do not enjoy watching a team tank, even if it is better for the long run.

Exactly this 

Archived