Trojans 2020 Mock

Trojan

012. Derrick Brown, DT Auburn
019. Tee Higgins, WR Clemson  (trade down)
080. Jaylon Johnson, CB Utah (use trade down compensation to move up)
081. Laviska Shenault, WR Colorado - Shoulder (2018), toe (2018), and core injury (2019) surgeries the past two years with a lack of meetings may push him down while the class is deep at the position.
091. Logan Stenberg, G Kentucky
121. Eno Benjamin, RB Arizona State
159. Alohi Gilman, S Notre Dame

I really like the picks of Brown, Johnson, Shenault (as a 3rd rounder), Stenberg, Eno.  I’d much rather have Jefferson than Higgins at 19.  But if we trade out of 19 into the 2nd he’d be a good pick.  I don’t totally but his speed issues I’ve seen him get open deep a good amount. But 19 is too high now. With the Heath signing Gilman would be kinda redundant.  I don’t dislike him but I’d prefer someone else.

48 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I really like the picks of Brown, Johnson, Shenault (as a 3rd rounder), Stenberg, Eno.  I’d much rather have Jefferson than Higgins at 19.  But if we trade out of 19 into the 2nd he’d be a good pick.  I don’t totally but his speed issues I’ve seen him get open deep a good amount. But 19 is too high now. With the Heath signing Gilman would be kinda redundant.  I don’t dislike him but I’d prefer someone else.

He’s not picking Higgins at 19, he traded down. Strange format though. 

If we had a 2nd, Higgins would be a nice target. 

• 4 weeks later...

I forgot to update my final mock before I do one when we go live of a who would I take over our pick so I can see how wrong I was in the future (I remember wanting Anthony Nelson over Maxx Crosby pick for example) and most hindsight is when you remember wanting the good pick over the bad (I wanted La'el Collins and Chris Godwin, have harder time remembering the busts I liked).

Anyways from my 4 round mock found here:

012. Las Vegas Raiders - Derrick Brown, DT Auburn
019. Las Vegas Raiders - Henry Ruggs III, WR Alabama
080. Las Vegas Raiders - Jalen Hurts, QB Oklahoma
081. Las Vegas Raiders - Logan Stenberg, LG Kentucky
091. Las Vegas Raiders - Eno Benjamin, RB Arizona State
121. Las Vegas Raiders - Dane Jackson, CB Pittsburgh

then at 159 I would like someone like Davion Taylor, OLB Colorado for a coverage linebacker in projected range.

Edit: I'll edit in a little disclaimer that if the draft falls this way with the exception of Ruggs being off the board I would like Jaylon Johnson at 19, and then target someone like Chase Claypool or Tyler Johnson, WRs of Notre Dame and Minnesota at 81 or 91 respectively, move the guard selection to 91 if Claypool is the pick at 81 with a fall back of Ben Bredeson, G Michigan. The RB selection would then wait until pick 121 with Zach Moss as another competing option.

Edit2: Draft is over and based off the post I made a week ago if I followed it strictly I would have ended up with:

1.12 Ceedee Lamb, WR Oklahoma
1.19 Jaylon Johnson, CB Utah
3.80 Neville Gallimore, DT Oklahoma
3.81 Akeem Davis Gaither, OLB Appalachian State
3.100 Amik Robinson, CB Louisiana Tech
4.109 Logan Stenberg, G Kentucky
4.139 Donovan Peoples-Jones, WR Michigan

That said going off feels from the last few days 12 would have been close. There's a chance I would have wanted the safest route runner and just gone Jeudy at 12, he and Ceedee were 6a and 6b on my big board with Ruggs as my 9th player so I wasn't mad at that pick at all. I think with my nerves on draft day I would have likely gone Jeudy as I view him as the safest, Ceedee as the likely best right away and Ruggs as the highest upside. At 19 I would have been absolutely pissed to not trade down, I would have been considering Jaylon Johnson and Gladney a lot -- however since this is likely the only place I'll be able to argue that I would have taken the Chargers deal to New England, I'm going to take their deal adding 37 and 71. The entire ride to 37 I'd be scared Jaylon was going to go, but once there I'd be very happy. That said with the acquired 71, I get Josh Jones for free. He comes in an kicks Brandon Parker out of a primary reserve spot and backs up Kolton and Trent. With the nature of the tackle position and having a big man like Trent injuries are likely and grooming a first round graded tackle would have been very appealing to me, especially one that can play LT as well if Kolton goes down. Gallimore was another guy I had as a fringe first grade and would have snatched him up at 80. 81 comes up next and Lloyd Cushenberry was another guy I had a fringe first for. I didn't include him on my big board, but had him always gone by our picks. I would be comfortable enough to project him as a possible guard to have taken him, with appreciation that if Hudson has to miss time we have an option at center. At 91 I would have accepted NE's offer of 91 + 159 for 100 + 139 + 172. At 100 I would have taken Amik Robertson. I would not have traded up from 121, especially for a guard after selecting Cushenberry. At 121 I'm looking at RB with Eno Benjamin and WR in Donovan Peoples-Jones, since WR was addressed with Jeudy I'm going with Eno, especially with guys like Quintez Cephus and Tyler Johnson also on the board at WR alongside DPJ that I also like. At 139 the three WRs are all on board, and DPJ is my BPA, but not dominantly, especially so if Edwards or Bowden are still around from the Raiders now not having selected them I liked Stenberg, Kindley and Bredeson as a trio and if Incognito and Gabe are short term, I wouldn't mind another IOL so I'm rolling with Bredeson and gambling on a WR (similar to what I did in my expansion).  At 172 I have a number of guys I like left, but the two other WRs left and I'm taking DPJ.

12. Jerry Jeudy, WR Alabama
19. 37+71
37. Jaylon Johnson, CB Utah
71. Josh Jones, RT Houston
80. Neville Gallimore, DT Oklahoma
81. Lloyd Cushenberry, C LSU
91. (+ 159.) 100 + 139 + 172
100. Amik Robertson, CB Louisiana Tech
121. Eno Benjamin, RB Arizona State
139. Ben Bredeson, G Michigan
172. Donovan Peoples-Jones, WR Michigan

Edited by Trojan