Combine/Pro Day Visits

mwalker

10 minutes ago, BucShot said:

Those WRs are off the board. I like Gallimore and Madubuike but neither are NTs. if they would fit, I could take em but right now Akers is the top guy on my board by quite a bit and think he would add a dynamic element to your backfield that went missing when Bell left.

Hargraves was not a typical 3-4 NT.  Gallimore is close to what Hargraves provided for the Steelers.

The Steelers have 3 RBs that they have drafted in the past 3 years.  All have started at one time or another and all have been productive.  The Steelers do not give up on productive draft picks.  Picking a RB means they will cut one of the draft choices.   So rather than getting needed depth/starter(DT/IOL) it would be a luxury pick in a position that they do not need.

1 minute ago, jebrick said:

Hargraves was not a typical 3-4 NT.  Gallimore is close to what Hargraves provided for the Steelers.

The Steelers have 3 RBs that they have drafted in the past 3 years.  All have started at one time or another and all have been productive.  The Steelers do not give up on productive draft picks.  Picking a RB means they will cut one of the draft choices.   So rather than getting needed depth/starter(DT/IOL) it would be a luxury pick in a position that they do not need.

Gotcha. Will go with Gallimore/Madubuike assuming one makes it to 49.

Personally I love Dobbins and think he would be explosive in our offense. I’m concerned that Connor has never been able to stay healthy and I don’t have as much confidence in our backups as others do, but think JK and Snell are great offsets to each other. I love Conner but am also concerned what type of contract he will be looking for. 

2 minutes ago, SteelersFan2333 said:

Personally I love Dobbins and think he would be explosive in our offense. I’m concerned that Connor has never been able to stay healthy and I don’t have as much confidence in our backups as others do, but think JK and Snell are great offsets to each other. I love Conner but am also concerned what type of contract he will be looking for. 

I totally agree.  i even think that if they drafted a RB it would be in the 2nd and they would cut Conner.  i just do not think they would do it.

Edited by jebrick

I don’t think you can cut a guy that CAN give you RB1 production while he’s still on a rookie contract, but can see them not resigning him if he’s looking for 7-9 million a year. At 700k if you get a full season from him it’s great value on a cash strapped team. It’s all a question of health with him. 

Kyle Dugger sitting there at 62, tough to pass up IMO

i know you have Minkah, but those two together? Damn. 

ETA

Forgot about Edmunds who you took high just too years ago (who's pretty meh but thats another discussion).

Got an offer to trade down for the Bucs 2021 2nd rounder and think I'm going to take it.

Edited by BucShot

22 minutes ago, BucShot said:

Kyle Dugger sitting there at 62, tough to pass up IMO

i know you have Minkah, but those two together? Damn. 

We already have Edmunds. I think Dugger would fit on the team as a 3rd safety, which is IMO too much of a luxury to take with our first pick.

1 minute ago, MOSteelers56 said:

We already have Edmunds. I think Dugger would fit on the team as a 3rd safety, which is IMO too much of a luxury to take with our first pick.

Just updated post. Traded 62 to the Bucs for their 2021 2nd rounder. Bucs likely taking Dugger who is far and away BPA.

Targeting Leki Foto in round 3.

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think Dugger is exactly what they are looking for. He's a couple pounds shy of Baron and would be a huge improvment. 

On 3/7/2020 at 12:09 PM, jebrick said:

I totally agree.  i even think that if they drafted a RB it would be in the 2nd and they would cut Conner.  i just do not think they would do it.

Conner is on the last year of his rookie deal, is making less than a million dollars, and is a fan favorite. There is legit no scenario where we would cut him. A little confused about this statement jebrick and I’m the biggest advocate for taking Akers/Dobbins in the 2nd.