Combine/Pro Day Visits

mwalker

Every single time in my life time that I can remember the Steelers have a downturn, the Rooney family speaks up. Usually, they say something about the need for a better running game.

All true Steeler fans know it. This is the Steeler way, good defense and good running. An old Ben and a disappointing feature back in Connor only guarantee we will address this need with a high round draft pick (second or third).

Our 2019 rushing stats SUCKED: 90.4 yards per game (27th in the league) and 3.66 yards per carry (28th in the league).

So yeah, put me down for a new stud primary running back and one road grading IOL!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

I won't be shocked if we draft 2 WRs and I actually hope we dont draft a TE in this class at all.

This TE class is horrible.

I wouldn't mind Zach Baun if he is there at 49

Baun would be ok. I think he would really help the defense. I'd rather take an IOL or a skill guy on offense over him, though. 

• Like 2

I won't be shocked if we draft 2 WRs and I actually hope we dont draft a TE in this class at all.

This TE class is horrible.

I wouldn't mind Zach Baun if he is there at 49

I understand taking 1 WR, especially in this stacked class but taking 2 with our limited picks and lack of defensive depth, it’s just too much.

Maybe FAchanges that, but I just don’t see that as of now.

I do agree with the TE statement.

27 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

I understand taking 1 WR, especially in this stacked class but taking 2 with our limited picks and lack of defensive depth, it’s just too much.

Maybe FAchanges that, but I just don’t see that as of now.

I do agree with the TE statement.

I disagree on the WR thing . We need 1 anyway. But if you grab two, Switzer and Holton are definitely gone and it protects you from the uncertainty with Cain and even Juju.

In a class this good, you could do worse than 2 WRs.

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Baun would be ok. I think he would really help the defense. I'd rather take an IOL or a skill guy on offense over him, though. 

Braun is NOT and EDGE player.  He is a 4-3 SLB  He has zero bend.

I disagree on the WR thing . We need 1 anyway. But if you grab two, Switzer and Holton are definitely gone and it protects you from the uncertainty with Cain and even Juju.

In a class this good, you could do worse than 2 WRs.

2 WRs is the definition of luxury pick. We don't have that luxury. JuJu, Johnson and Washington should be a solid 1-3 with Ben, assuming generally good health. If they pick one, that makes Cain potentially your 5 and if we carry 6 they're usually a special teams player.

1 minute ago, skywlker32 said:

2 WRs is the definition of luxury pick. We don't have that luxury. JuJu, Johnson and Washington should be a solid 1-3 with Ben, assuming generally good health. If they pick one, that makes Cain potentially your 5 and if we carry 6 they're usually a special teams player.

Maybe. I get that. Imo our first pick should be OL. OT, OG or C. We are gonna need all of them within the next couple seasons anyway. I wouldn't be upset if we took a OT in R2 and Solomon Kindley (OG) in R3

6 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Maybe. I get that. Imo our first pick should be OL. OT, OG or C. We are gonna need all of them within the next couple seasons anyway. I wouldn't be upset if we took a OT in R2 and Solomon Kindley (OG) in R3

They gotta find a way to sign Feiler.  I'm not a Cap guy but I'd do my best to keep him.  Do that, and we're more then fine with Al, Feiler and Chuks. Then focus on the IOL.