2020 Sign, Draft or Promote - Starting S

swede700

How should the Vikings handle the starting safety spot opposite Harry?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. How should the Vikings handle the starting safety spot opposite Harry?

• Re-sign Anthony Harris
    • Re-sign Andrew Sendejo
    • Re-sign Jayron Kearse
    • Sign an external free agent (Specify preference in thread)
    • Draft a new starting safety
    • Restructure Rhodes' contract and move him to S (Wild-card option, since there is no one to promote)
    • Other (Specify preference in thread)

1 hour ago, TENINCH said:

Hussain Abdullah I believe

i remember some combo of robert blanton and jamarca sanford starting opposite harry before sendejo.

personally i would let harris and kearse walk, harris would definitely net us a 4th round comp pick and kearse's new contract might surprise like tramaine brock's did and net us a 6th or 7th rounder.

i would try to bring dejo back on a minimum or near minimum deal. he knows the defense, knows the guys and would be given the inside track to start, which he likely wouldn't get anywhere else. then add a few late-round rookies and UDFAs to "compete" or develop. 

we're going to have to spend the bare-bones minimum this off season to field a competitive roster and safety is definitely near the bottom of our list of needs. 

• Like 4

On 3/9/2020 at 5:44 PM, SemperFeist said:

Because he’s an exclusive rights free agent. 

My mistake, he was a UDFA and is still on that original deal.  I was looking at the FA ticker and saw the contract but again it was just another year in that original UDFA deal just like Levi Wallace just got for this up coming season as a UDFA from 2018.  Sadly Levi Wallace has more starting experience in 2019 than Mike Hughes and Holton Hill and also started 7 games in 2018 as well.

Now those two dudes are some fine UDFA signings.