Who Was the QB of Your Team's Best/Most Exciting Offense Last Decade?

HoboRocket

6 hours ago, Tugboat said:

The answer for the Jacksonville Jaguars is:  n/a.

You're probably right. Interesting question that's slightly off-topic: heading into a given season over the past decade, which Sacksonville QB were you most excited about? Gabbert when he was drafted? Bortles? Foles? Is it Minshew now?

On 3/15/2020 at 5:24 AM, Tugboat said:

The answer for the Jacksonville Jaguars is:  n/a.

man, i didn't realize you guys went 5-11 the year he had 35 TDs. i assumed you were at least battling for a playoff spot/around .500 etc so i thought that was probably the no-brainer answer.

but hey, ours is ryan freaking tannehill lol

5 hours ago, -Hope- said:

man, i didn't realize you guys went 5-11 the year he had 35 TDs. i assumed you were at least battling for a playoff spot/around .500 etc so i thought that was probably the no-brainer answer.

but hey, ours is ryan freaking tannehill lol

That year was such a mirage of "garbage time hero" ball.  Lots of INTs as well, and some of them absolutely mind-bogglingly stupid pick-6 mistakes.  But it kinda inspired a sense that maybe...just maybe, if he could learn to throw the ball entirely differently, and not be such a reckless gunslinger with his noodle arm, and maybe start running more because he was kinda good at that...maybe...he'd be an okay QB.

On 15/03/2020 at 9:46 AM, HoboRocket said:

You're probably right. Interesting question that's slightly off-topic: heading into a given season over the past decade, which Sacksonville QB were you most excited about? Gabbert when he was drafted? Bortles? Foles? Is it Minshew now?

Honestly, it's probably gotta be either the year they drafted Gabbert and it was like...anxious and skeptical, but maybe he'll eventually turn out to be good?  Quickly dashed.

Or after that above-mentioned Bortles sophomore season.  Heading into that 3rd season, it was a flood of propaganda about how he'd fixed some of his non-existent throwing ability and this was gonna be a big step forward.  Maybe he fixed?

The high point of Jaguars QB fandom in the last decade though, has really been Minshew Mania.  Not to start a season obviously.  But in that it was at least a fun and pleasant surprise, which Jaguars fans are not accustomed to.  But that was really more about the fact he came in with pretty much negative expectations, and was somehow...kinda decent?  It was fun and exciting, and he had all this fun other stuff to latch onto.  He's a charismatic dude with a moustache and jean shorts and laughs and...still probably not really anything more than a nice backup or spot starter in the end.  Which leaves excitement levels for the upcoming season...at a pretty low point, for me at least.

• Like 1