If healthy who’s the better prospect Burrow or Tua?

brownie man

Who is the better prospect if healthy?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Better prospect if healthy

• Joe Burrow
    • Tua T

I think it’s razor close and neck and neck to be honest. That seems to be an unpopular opinion but if Tua played the full season, you’d be seeing it highly debated among scouts, media, and fans. Tua to me is so similar to Russell Wilson. Mobility, escape magician, absolutely tremendous accuracy, Grade A Pocket Presence, Grade A awareness, Grade A Football IQ, and he is the most accurate thrower into tight windows (above Lawrence, Burrow, etc). He puts it right on the money. Arm isn’t the greatest but neither is Burrows. 

I have Burrow and Tua as my 1. and 2. in the entire draft class, among all positions. And between the two of them, it’s a coin flip for me. 

Edited by BayRaider

Keep in mind that Tua had success against elite teams in his freshman and sophomore years.   That's a really rare skill set.   Burrow's success this year is legit, and there are reasons why he didn't get a chance at OSU - but it's still a fact that his success came later. 

The fact Tua's ankles & hip injury raises flags that won't likely go away, I have no problem with ppl who would say Burrow - because you can't really take away the health concerns with Tua.   It's unavoidable.   It's just hard to dismiss early success against that level of competition.     I have no argument with anyone who goes Burrow 1.1 - because you can't call the risk negligible with him health-wise before Draft Day, and even beyond.   But on pure QB talent, Tua's first 2 years would place him in that special tier.   Going into the draft healthy without the hip injury, would have been a really fun debate (because even then, the 2 ankle injuries and controversial surgical approaches taken, there was a legit flag going in, but nothing like it is now).

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Granted, it’s Casserly. And I have no idea how he polled “teams”. But here you have it. 

I agree this was probably the correct result. But out of those 27 teams, 21-22 of them it was probably basically a coin flip. Tua is right there with Burrow. 

Burrow.  The main difference I see between them is that I haven't seen Tua fit the ball in tight windows nearly as much as Burrow has (granted, i don't watch Alabama games as much as I watched LSU).  Granted, he never had to at Alabama much because his guys were wide open.  Tua has a much stronger arm.  But Burrow has all of the intangibles boxes checked off.  

6 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Burrow.  The main difference I see between them is that I haven't seen Tua fit the ball in tight windows nearly as much as Burrow has (granted, i don't watch Alabama games as much as I watched LSU).  Granted, he never had to at Alabama much because his guys were wide open.  Tua has a much stronger arm.  But Burrow has all of the intangibles boxes checked off.  

Completely disagree with this. Tua is a tight window master. PFF just graded him with the two best tight-window throw seasons in the history of their evals. Burrow is a timing and anticipation guy, not a tight window guy. Although Burrow is possibly the best guy at making anticipation throws that I’ve ever seen. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Completely disagree with this. Tua is a tight window master. PFF just graded him with the two best tight-window throw seasons in the history of their evals. Burrow is a timing and anticipation guy, not a tight window guy. Although Burrow is possibly the best guy at making anticipation throws that I’ve ever seen. 

You can make timing/anticipation throws into tight windows.