Week 3 GDT: Seahawks (1-1) at Titans (1-1)

titans0021

Well, here in Titania, we ride the hot hand. So you're all welcome for yesterday.

With Mularkey's press conference going on, figured it was good to get this started early.

Seahawks notes:

They still have a great defense. It's great and will be a huge test for the offense.

Their offense appears to be broken. It took them 7 1/2 quarters to score a touchdown and they desperately struggled with the 49ers yesterday. Russell Wilson is running for his life with a ton of regularity. Their offensive line is one of the worst I've ever seen.

They still have a mobile QB and a big, good tight end. So I'm still going to worry about them.

Too soon for me to say that I'm confident in this team, but that second half may have been just what we needed.

Robiskie's crap isn't going to work against Seattle is my only thing. There's no way we have any success against them in our heavy packages where we either telegraph a run or have Decker as our only WR on the field. They're too disciplined to fall for trick plays and their DL>our OL (Conklin looks abysmal). 

I don't know. We're typically the team that other team's find their grooves against, but at the same time Seattle sucks on the road. We may come out guns blazing, though, which would be nice and needed.

We as a team need to show more consistency still, both in coaching and players. Until then, I have a hard time thinking we're going to beat Seattle. I can see it happening, but I'm pessimistic. 

Mularkey said Murray and Davis are both day-to-day with hamstring tightness. So that will be something to keep an eye on. Need all the weapons we can get against Seattle.

I have no idea what to expect in this game. If it's the same Seahawks team that played the 49ers yesterday, we should win. But I'm concerned. This game could go a long way if we get a win, especially with Houston and Jacksonville likely being serious underdogs this weekend.

31 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

O/U the amount of non-call defensive holding penalties on their grabby DBs?

Denver is the only team in the league with higher at 52.

The amount of defensive holding penalties that Denver gets away with seriously makes me question if the NFL is rigged. It's that ridiculous.

The Seahawks run defense looked very vulnerable yesterday. Hyde was just gashing through them(may have been in part because of fatigue).

Everyone knows that their OL is terrible. Russell Wilson's elusiveness and escapability worries me though. We have to contain him and not let him get those critical scrambles that move the chain.

If we play like the 2nd half yesterday, like our chances for sure. Our schedule overall is pretty friendly, especially stretches from weeks 6-9 and 14-17. But this opening 3 weeks is a meat grinder of tough D's. We played Carr fairly well who is a better pure passer than Wilson, but our LB's will have a challenge sticking with Wilson as he keeps plays alive.

It's an interesting matchup as Graham has been quiet since moving up to the PNW, Lynch is gone and the WR's are serviceable but not terrifying. Game plan really is around bottling Wilson up, so I imagine the end statline won't look great but if you force FG's instead of TD's you give your offense a shot.

I'll take our pass rushers over their Oline everyday of the year. Limit the mistakes on offense and get after Wilson and this is a W. Should be a great game. 

I think the guys will get up for this game. I was oddly more worried about the Jags then I am about the seahawks. I think when it comes down to it this will be a really tight game but I think we can do enough to get the W. Just in time to drop a egg in Houston LOL. 

Archived