Week 3 GDT: Seahawks (1-1) at Titans (1-1)

titans0021

I feel that this is a game that if we want to be a playoff contender, we should win. Seattle has a horrible OL and as @TitanLegend said, they rank in the bottom in run defense. Yes, the passing defense will be tough for us to compete against but given their OL and run defense, we should win. I don't think we do win because outside of that 2nd half on Sunday, we looked pretty miserable. Maybe the 2nd half will be the norm going forward but until it happens, I will have a hard time buying in to it.

I can see us losing and winning this game.
Scrambling QBs historically have given us problems.

Russell Wilson is the only reason I fear losing this game.  I know their defense is legit, but as we saw last week, a good defense can be beat if the offense is soooo bad.  The Seahawks have a real suspect offense. Offensive line is suspect.

But if we do win this game, it will help not only the people here, but people around the league, to take the team a lot more serious. Rather than just an ok team in a weak division.

this is a game where Mularkey can earn his paycheck. Seattle is struggling right now, but they have the team and coaching to give anyone headaches. We have the talent and the players to win this game, especially at home -- we just don't have the pedigree of doing so. (or does the Denver/KC game last year say otherwise?? -- but those were well-coached games!)

Man Sat can't come fast enough I can't wait to get down to Nashville and have a good time. I'm def going early on Sun to get some autographs my goal is to get my Mariota jersey signed since I'll have to get New Jersey's when they unveil the new ones. There's even a chance I'm in the same Hotel as the Seahawks I'm staying at the Renaissance the last time I stayed there the Steelers were there and Griffin and Hope showed up and I got pics with them 

This game will tell me a lot about this team. With everyone else in the division likely at 1-2 after this weekend, can we start to put some cushion between us and Houston or are we going to just hang with the pack. I really think we're the best team in the AFC South, but the question that Sunday can help answer is if that's because we're truly a good team or if it's mainly because we play in a potentially historically bad division.

17 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

This game will tell me a lot about this team. With everyone else in the division likely at 1-2 after this weekend, can we start to put some cushion between us and Houston or are we going to just hang with the pack. I really think we're the best team in the AFC South, but the question that Sunday can help answer is if that's because we're truly a good team or if it's mainly because we play in a potentially historically bad division.

One thing that could worry me a little but maybe it's nothing but when 3HL had Casey on he was already talking about playing Houston. I hope they arnt looking Seattle

Hello folks!  Popping in from the Seahawks forum to wish you all the best of luck.  

I really want to touch on the match-up of the Titans offense vs the Seahawks defense.  I will start off by saying that Marcus Mariota is one of my favorite players in the league, so I am a little more excited than normal for this particular Seahawks game.  How do you guys feel Mariota and the rest of your offensive weapons match-up against one of the best defensive units this league has to offer?  Delanie Walker and your running game scare me a lot.  From the Titans games I saw last season, Rishard Matthews was awesome, but I am hoping the Seahawks can rotate coverage his way whenever Richard Sherman is not covering him.  Earl Thomas keeping tabs on Matthews and Walker / the middle-deep is going to be critical.

11 hours ago, tntitans4life17 said:

I feel that this is a game that if we want to be a playoff contender, we should win. Seattle has a horrible OL and as @TitanLegend said, they rank in the bottom in run defense. Yes, the passing defense will be tough for us to compete against but given their OL and run defense, we should win. I don't think we do win because outside of that 2nd half on Sunday, we looked pretty miserable. Maybe the 2nd half will be the norm going forward but until it happens, I will have a hard time buying in to it.

I agree. I'm sure I speak for a lot of people when I say, please destroy Seattle. There's nothing in football quite like watching a fading dynasty get dismantled by a team on the rise. In this case, I hope you guys can be that team. Good luck.

30 minutes ago, showtime said:

Hello folks!  Popping in from the Seahawks forum to wish you all the best of luck.  

I really want to touch on the match-up of the Titans offense vs the Seahawks defense.  I will start off by saying that Marcus Mariota is one of my favorite players in the league, so I am a little more excited than normal for this particular Seahawks game.  How do you guys feel Mariota and the rest of your offensive weapons match-up against one of the best defensive units this league has to offer?  Delanie Walker and your running game scare me a lot.  From the Titans games I saw last season, Rishard Matthews was awesome, but I am hoping the Seahawks can rotate coverage his way whenever Richard Sherman is not covering him.  Earl Thomas keeping tabs on Matthews and Walker / the middle-deep is going to be critical.

I think it's a bit surprising how much trouble Seattle has had against the run, that d line has some good names on it certainly. We'll obviously come out running hard and early, probably more Henry early than we've seen since he's been in the NFL. Outside of Sherman, I like our WR's to be better than you'd expect against other DB's. Delanie may have a quieter game for sure, but overall should be an even match-up given each team's strengths/weaknesses. 

Whoever converts the redzone opportunities to TD's and not FG's will win a lower scoring game probably. 

36 minutes ago, showtime said:

The offense has been trying to find a rhythm two weeks in. Davis and Decker both missed the majority of the camp, and there have been a decent number of times in which they have simply not been on the same page as Marcus. I'm obviously pretty worried about Seattle's defense. Mariota needs to protect the ball, which he's typically pretty good at. The thing to watch on our end throughout the week is the status of Corey Davis and DeMarco Murray. Both of them had minor hamstring tweaks against the Jaguars, so we really have no idea if they'll play Sunday.

At this point, Delanie is the receiver to watch. He's dropped about 5-10 pounds from last season and looks quicker than he ever has, which is saying something given that he's always had pretty crazy athleticism for a tight end. Also a very good blocker.

I would guess that we come out and try to pound the football. With Thomas and Sherman out there and a team that's trying to continue to establish an identity as a power football team, I think we attempt to play to our strengths. Derrick Henry has looked very strong as a runner, so I'd be prepared to keep an eye on him, particularly if Murray is out or limited. 

We struggled in the red zone against Oakland and throughout the first half against the Jaguars. Something clicked at halftime on Sunday though. Offensive line and Henry were just beating up on the Jaguars throughout the second half and Mariota was taking advantage in the passing games as the Jags continued to try to play eight in the box to stop the run.

It is kind of difficult to dissect why the Seahawks have an under-performing run defense.  One of my guesses is that the Seahawks, over the first two weeks of the season, probably have the worst offense in the entire league.  I do not know if the stats back that claim up, but it is hard to imagine a team having a worse offense than the Seahawks have displayed so far.  Maybe part of the reason the run defense is lacking is because guys are just worn out.  The offense is so bad that the defense has been on the field a lot.  Also, because the offense is really struggling to score, the Seahawks are not able to really build many leads (or score many points, for that matter), which allows teams to feel comfortable running the football due to them not being in a position where they are forced to throw the ball in order to catch up.  Seattle's run defense will be put to the test this week at Tennessee, and I think they'll be up for the challenge.  I just hope the offense boards the plane to Tennessee with the rest of the team =)

15 minutes ago, showtime said:

It is kind of difficult to dissect why the Seahawks have an under-performing run defense.  One of my guesses is that the Seahawks, over the first two weeks of the season, probably have the worst offense in the entire league.  I do not know if the stats back that claim up, but it is hard to imagine a team having a worse offense than the Seahawks have displayed so far.  Maybe part of the reason the run defense is lacking is because guys are just worn out.  The offense is so bad that the defense has been on the field a lot.  Also, because the offense is really struggling to score, the Seahawks are not able to really build many leads (or score many points, for that matter), which allows teams to feel comfortable running the football due to them not being in a position where they are forced to throw the ball in order to catch up.  Seattle's run defense will be put to the test this week at Tennessee, and I think they'll be up for the challenge.  I just hope the offense boards the plane to Tennessee with the rest of the team =)

My wife's a Seahawks fan and I'm a Badgers fan that loved Russell coming into the league, so I'm all for Seattle's offense putting things together. And they'll have a great opportunity to do so. Against the Colts. On October 1. 

2 hours ago, titans0021 said:

My wife's a Seahawks fan and I'm a Badgers fan that loved Russell coming into the league, so I'm all for Seattle's offense putting things together. And they'll have a great opportunity to do so. Against the Colts. On October 1. 

Haha, very much looking forward to that Colts game.  Maybe we'll be able to score some points against them!  By the way, your wife has great taste in teams, it's a shame that didn't rub off on you =)

Archived