Week 3 GDT: Seahawks (1-1) at Titans (1-1)

titans0021

3 hours ago, titans0021 said:

My wife's a Seahawks fan and I'm a Badgers fan that loved Russell coming into the league, so I'm all for Seattle's offense putting things together. And they'll have a great opportunity to do so. Against the Colts. On October 1. 

My wife is from Kent, just outside Seattle. Tries telling me she's a Seahawks fan while only knowing Russell Wilson's name. I'm sure she'll try talking that mess this weekend if we lose (and she sees the score). Understand a house divided this week.

Dodd not being active and the fact he's below Aaron Wallace is depressing. We've all said a lot that he is a DE not an OLB, but as it has been pointed out before, we're basically in a 4 man front the majority of the time. They may not out their hand down, but that shouldn't matter. We're not in our base package very often.

Bust ☹️

12 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

My wife is from Kent, just outside Seattle. Tries telling me she's a Seahawks fan while only knowing Russell Wilson's name. I'm sure she'll try talking that mess this weekend if we lose (and she sees the score). Understand a house divided this week.

My wife knows the Seahawks fairly well. When we were in Green Bay, she worked at Starbucks and her favorite customer was John Schneider (now GM of the Seahawks). With that said, she might be rooting for the Titans this week because she knows I'm far more effected by the result than she is lol.

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

Dodd not being active and the fact he's below Aaron Wallace is depressing. We've all said a lot that he is a DE not an OLB, but as it has been pointed out before, we're basically in a 4 man front the majority of the time. They may not out their hand down, but that shouldn't matter. We're not in our base package very often.

Bust ☹️

Dodd doesn’t even play OLB In our scheme ??‍♂️ For the love of jellybeans we do not run a traditional 3-4 we run more of a hybrid 3-4, or 4-3under scheme. For instance Casey is not a traditional 5 tech DE in our scheme he’s a gap penetrating DT, which is why on the depth chart on the website it has Casey listed at DT Not DE. 

Dodd isn’t a rush OLB That’s orakpo position Dodd plays the elephant role at LB, his job is to play the run 1st by setting the edge & holding containment then rush.

where as orakpo job is to rush & drop into coverage. 

On passing downs like 2nd or 3rd in long or you’ll see him rush more vs play containment & just edge setting. Our defense is really design to free up our LBs at the 2nd level to make plays. We’re really missing a blitzing side line to side line LB That can play all 3 downs  to take this defense to the next level. All our LBs are interchangeable

Seattle's o-line:

0iIrruQNTHmmKlEYFhYA4A.png

Odhiambo is graded 72nd out of 72 qualifying tackles. Glowinski is rated 67th out of 69 qualifying guards.

PFF grading jokes aside, how Seattle justifies putting this garbage in front of Russel Wilson is  beyond me. You've got one of the 4 or 5 best QBs in football and this is how you protect him...

If I own the Seahawks I'm telling Schneider he's either fixing the offensive line next off-season or he's getting fired. I don't care how good he's been at other spots on the roster, this is downright pathetic.Wilson isn't gonna make it much longer like this.

Archived