Week 3 GDT: Seahawks (1-1) at Titans (1-1)

titans0021

8 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Josh Kline has been insane as well. Pretty sure he continued his streak of no pressures allowed today. We were doing everything we could to try and replace the guy in the offseason and now he's been maybe the best player on the o-line to start the season. It's a contract year for him as well, wonder how much he's gonna get paid this off-season if this continues, and if we'll be the ones to pay him or not.

Kline has easily outplayed Spain and probably Jones as well. I think Spain is our weakest link right now on offense.

I'm not as quick to say our OL dominated as others have, as in the last two games they did very little in the first half, even if they were looking at 8 man fronts. They definitely dominated the 2nd half.

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

18s0go6l818vmjpg.jpg

Adoree's career is looking pretty similar(albeit early) so far to Pacman's. Some iffy moments in coverage but shows flashes of being really good, insane in the return game.

Oh man, I can't believe I forgot about Pacman. His second year in the league was so much fun.

11 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

houston's gonna be tough. i want to believe lebeau can continue his career-long trend of making rookie QBs look silly, but they have much more offensive firepower than seattle

They do? Sure they have Hopkins and Lamar Miller is solid but I'll take Graham and Baldwin over Hopkins.  Hell Carson doesn't look like a scrub either. Plus Wilson >>>>>>> Watson obviously and the OLs are pretty even.  

1 minute ago, TitanSS said:

Kline has easily outplayed Spain and probably Jones as well. I think Spain is our weakest link right now on offense.

I'm not as quick to say our OL dominated as others have, as in the last two games they did very little in the first half, even if they were looking at 8 man fronts. They definitely dominated the 2nd half.

Spain has been solid overall, honestly if any thing coming in to today Conklin was our worst o-lineman to start the season. And that's mostly based off a terrible Oakland game because he's bounced back since.

Both Spain and Kline are FAs after this season. I'd like to see both kept. The unit works extremely well together.

3 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

They do? Sure they have Hopkins and Lamar Miller is solid but I'll take Graham and Baldwin over Hopkins.  Hell Carson doesn't look like a scrub either. Plus Wilson >>>>>>> Watson obviously and the OLs are pretty even.  

i forgot that will fuller is out. still, i'd put their OL above seattle's (if not by much) and hopkins is better than baldwin and has given us nightmares in the past.

Just now, -Hope- said:

i forgot that will fuller is out. still, i'd put their OL above seattle's (if not by much) and hopkins is better than baldwin and has given us nightmares in the past.

Oh agreed. Hopefully the trio of Adoree, Ryan, and Sims are better than Cox, McCourty, and McCain from last year lmao.  He's going to get his no matter what and Watson definitely tries to force it to him more than anybody else. Hopefully this defense can get some picks next week.  LeBeau needs to make Watson's life a living hell.  Blitz like hell but stay disciplined. Would still like to see this team improve in their tackling as well.

2 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

And apparently Will Fuller started practicing last week so he'll likely play next week. 

I don't know. I think there's a big difference between being able to participate in non-contact drills and being ready to return to actual game action after a broken collarbone. I mean he practiced, but he also was listed as out, not even doubtful heading into today.

Just now, titans0021 said:

I don't know. I think there's a big difference between being able to participate in non-contact drills and being ready to return to actual game action after a broken collarbone. I mean he practiced, but he also was listed as out, not even doubtful heading into today.

Yea something to watch throughout next week.

You know during the draft process, I was all in on OJ Howard. Jonnu Smith is a nice consolation prize though. Such a mismatch as a receiver and a pretty good blocker also.

I don't know when Delanie will hang it up but Smith will be the perfect replacement for him. 

2 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

You know during the draft process, I was all in on OJ Howard. Jonnu Smith is a nice consolation prize though. Such a mismatch as a receiver and a pretty good blocker also.

I don't know when Delanie will hang it up but Smith will be the perfect replacement for him. 

If he keeps working on his blocking, he's going to have a real nice career. His explosiveness at his size is real impressive.

20 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Spain has been solid overall, honestly if any thing coming in to today Conklin was our worst o-lineman to start the season. And that's mostly based off a terrible Oakland game because he's bounced back since.

Both Spain and Kline are FAs after this season. I'd like to see both kept. The unit works extremely well together.

They do, but they also have streaks where they haven't been great in run blocking. All of Oakland and the first half of each of the last two games. I'd like them to be kore consistent. Conklin looked a lot better today, but hopefully he plays more consistently.

Pass blocking looks great and Mariota is a damn Wizard in the pocket this year.

Well, we've long heard that the Titans needed a big home win to help draw in the fans and prevent the stadium from being flooded with opposing fans. This one should really help. Win the next two games and head into the MNF game at 4-1 and the stadium better be rocking.

Archived