Wuhan Coronavirus Thread

mission27

The only thing scary about it is whether or not a single one of the conspiracy theories are true.  Like if a single one of those conspiracy theories about it is true, I’d be pretty terrified, but I feel like this is slightly worse than Ebola, and maybe not even as bad as Ebola, just spreads quicker.

I’m not a doctor though.

22 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Since this is going to apparently kill us all, thought it deserved a thread. 

The MoL will smugly outlive all of you though.  Mark my words

Meh. Was in Beijing during the beginning of the outbreak. Plenty of people I work with stayed there. It's not that big a deal.

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

The only thing scary about it is whether or not a single one of the conspiracy theories are true.  Like if a single one of those conspiracy theories about it is true, I’d be pretty terrified, but I feel like this is slightly worse than Ebola, and maybe not even as bad as Ebola, just spreads quicker.

I’m not a doctor though.

Definitely not as deadly as Ebola also definitely spreads much much quicker than Ebola though tbh

7 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Meh. Was in Beijing during the beginning of the outbreak. Plenty of people I work with stayed there. It's not that big a deal.

What makes me nervous tbh is many of the effective measures China has taken to slow down and contain the virus would be impossible in Western Europe and North America because we have civil rights

Advantage of single party authoritarian rule I guess 

The MoL would happily step in to this role if asked tbh

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mission27 said:

The entire Ebola epidemic ongoing since 2014 has only infected 28k vs. 81k people infected by Corona in the past 2 months BUT almost half the people who got Ebola died

Scary in a different way tbh 

Ebola usually has a mortality rate that is very high 50-90%

The coronavirus is around 2-3% but much more infectious.  It's like a more deadly flu virus