Wuhan Coronavirus Thread

mission27

3 hours ago, The Third Rider said:

With a mortality rate of 3.4 percent you are looking at roughly 261,800,000 deaths (Note the USA has a population of 331,000,000). I am going to go out on a limb here and say this is a terrible idea.

Mortality rate amongst people 10-39 is only 0.2%

Roughly 131.5M US residents fall under that criteria. Testing it on them, that comes out to 263,000 people in the US. The number is probably even lower if you exclude people with pre-existing health conditions.

37 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

found it, only 13. the 25 tweet one was about how washing your hands kills germs lol

I'm not trying to discredit smaller schools here. But he went to Skerries Community College and then Dublin City University for a degree in "applied physics". While I believe that Dr. Grimes is an in intelligent person, he got his PhD in physics. I'll trust the PhD biologist who went to Johns Hopkins and UCSD on a subject such as this.

edit. Also, his numbers don't take into account the lack of testing here in the US and the fact that China was so quick to quarantine.

Edited by kingseanjohn

16 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Nothing he said was wrong, but there isn't really much value in this thread tbh.

1 minute ago, kingseanjohn said:

I'm not trying to discredit smaller schools here. But he went to Skerries Community College and then Dublin City University for a degree in "applied physics". While I believe that Dr. Grimes is an in intelligent person, he got his PhD in physics. I'll trust the PhD biologist who went to Johns Hopkins and UCSD on a subject such as this.

oh I didn't read either one, well I just scanned both after posting. 

hers seemed like if we do nothing at all to prevent it this is what would happen. or if we let this loose in a lab here's what would happen and apply that to humans. i guess there  is value to that? but people were already doing stuff to prevent it from spreading and will continue to do so. 

these two tweets were of interest to me. 1st is obvious why. tho China has more control over their population. but on the other hand they are also a way denser population/society. 

the 2nd one just cause idk if she factored in people that get it and become immune to it in her the world is gonna end #s. 

These things really make you realize how non-scary slow zombie movies are.  If the only way you can become a zombie is by being bitten by a zombie, every single slow zombie movie is stupid.  If there were ever fast zombies though, we’d all be ****ed.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

These things really make you realize how non-scary slow zombie movies are.  If the only way you can become a zombie is by being bitten by a zombie, every single slow zombie movie is stupid.  If there were ever fast zombies though, we’d all be ****ed.  

The whole idea is the slow zombies grind you down, they keep coming and coming.

But they're still slow zombies.

I'm more scared of my neighbors German Shepard than a slow zombie. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

World War Z zombies though. *shudders*