Wuhan Coronavirus Thread

mission27

21 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm fairly certain you two are dying well before everyone else here. And it has less to do with the Coronavirus and more to do with excessive amounts of cocaine and strippers with shivs.

Sounds like a better way to go than Covid

1 hour ago, Dome said:

Awful day to be a husband 

My idea of the 9th circle of hell is being on an endless IKEA Loop with my wife, forever stopping to point out "Oh, this is so cute! How do you think it would look in our bathroom/closet/bedroom with this nifty _______".

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

My idea of the 9th circle of hell is being on an endless IKEA Loop with my wife, forever stopping to point out "Oh, this is so cute! How do you think it would look in our bathroom/closet/bedroom with this nifty _______".

Mine would be endless loops of my GF's 55-60 minute rambling about people and what they did at her work, followed by "what do you think?". 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, animaltested said:

Mine would be endless loops of my GF's 55-60 minute rambling about people and what they did at her work, followed by "what do you think?". 

This right here is level 6 for me. Then when you tell her what you think, she gets angry and says "You just don't get it," and when you space out, she gets angry and claims you never listen.

There's literally no way out.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dome said:

I can’t tell if this is is supposed to be satire or not.

but if washing our hands and carrying anti-bacterial soap is all it takes to be “fine” then it’s a really good thing we didn’t do something absurdly drastic like shut down our borders.

Washing your hands is about all you can do. There is no cure. Russia shut down their border with China. No deaths. Italy didn't shut down their border. 12 deaths. I bet the people in Russia are panicking a lot less than those in Italy.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Then when you tell her what you think, she gets angry and says "You just don't get it,"

You didn’t read the manual, or you were skimming.

Let me refresh you: You don’t tell her what you think, tell her what she thinks you should think.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, animaltested said:

I had to deal with this with my old roommate. She'd go on for so long and I'd just smile and nod. I hate that I eventually learned the names of the co-workers she hates.

3 minutes ago, Dome said:

“Now take them pants off”

I didn't even have this to end it on because she's probably kick me out. 

11 minutes ago, ET80 said:

This right here is level 6 for me. Then when you tell her what you think, she gets angry and says "You just don't get it," and when you space out, she gets angry and claims you never listen.

There's literally no way out.

Pro tip:

Hey babe, do you want me to listen, or do you want me to fix it?

It's an answer, with options, that dictates how I respond/should respond. It shows I'm engaged and when she says "fix it", I always preface it with, "Are you sure?", so she can brace herself for some unfiltered truth.

If she says listen, I nod, say things like "Wow, I'm sorry, that must be frustrating" or "Oh babe, that's too bad!"

Also, SAVE this one for IMPORTANT EVENTS ONLY, but:

*Game is on*

"Babe, I really want to talk about this, because it's super important, but right now you won't have my undivided attention. Can we talk after the game?" 

• Like 2