Wuhan Coronavirus Thread

mission27

13 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

You know I'll be honest, I'm surprised the thread has lasted this long but it's a topic on everyone's mind so maybe let's not push that envelope in this one guys.

Good point. I've edited my previous postings. 

Edited by PapaShogun

America's reaction to this has been poor and will probably only get worse as we get deeper into this. There is little doubt that we are more affected by this than countries with totalitarian regimes and 'universal health care', which just makes the situation worse. The country that caused this whole mess will be hurt less than we are. That pisses me off 

there is also a possibility that this was a bioweapon that mistakenly made it out of the lab. That is infuriating

12 minutes ago, N4L said:

America's reaction to this has been poor and will probably only get worse as we get deeper into this. There is little doubt that we are more affected by this than countries with totalitarian regimes and 'universal health care', which just makes the situation worse. The country that caused this whole mess will be hurt less than we are. That pisses me off 

there is also a possibility that this was a bioweapon that mistakenly made it out of the lab. That is infuriating

When your new wave of government guts all the funds and programs for this kind of threat and the ridiculous healthcare system only bad things will happen.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, N4L said:

Hopefully the citizens themselves at least start taking the basic precautions. Americans probably still aren't wearing masks surgeons masks out in public and at least washing their hands every time they come through the door. They're probably still shaking hands with everyone. People are still going to restaurants, movie theaters, etc. Also, a ton of people can't afford to quarantine themselves or miss work. And they won't pay to have themselves checked. Events have been shut down, and that's good. Some businesses are having people work from home which is also a start. 

Edited by PapaShogun

24 minutes ago, N4L said:

I saw somewhere that the virus was a net positive for China because they had to shutoff businesses/factories which significantly reduced the air pollution that kills a bunch of people every year (or maybe reduces life expectancy might have been the argument)

Edited by 11sanchez11
  • Like 1

And crap like this is going escalate if the virus spread continues. Fear is a hell of a drug. 

MIDTOWN, Manhattan (WABC) -- An Asian woman was punched in the face in Midtown by a suspect who asked her "Where's your (expletive) mask?" according to police.

Authorities say the 23-year-old woman, a student from Korea, was entering a building on West 34th Street just before 10 a.m. Tuesday when she was grabbed by the hair and punched in the face.

The woman allegedly followed up her question by saying, "You've got coronavirus, you Asian (expletive)."

"I don't know why she did that to me. I didn't even do anything to her. I was just standing at the door, just trying to get into the building," said the victim who asked not to be identified.

The victim said she was pushed in the shoulder in addition to being punched in the chin.

The suspect fled the scene.

The victim was taken to Bellevue Hospital with a possible dislocated jaw.

The NYPD Hate Crimes Task Force is investigating the assault as a possible bias crime, and Governor Andrew Cuomo issued a statement directing state police to assist in the investigation.

https://abc7ny.com/6003396/?ex_cid=TA_WABC_FB&utm_campaign=trueAnthem: Trending Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR1WDDvfYoaPipIGPAZfTJY-lv9tTP7iPZhwhgUg2UHgrCJhp62eheS-niQ

2 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Hopefully the citizens themselves at least start taking the basic precautions. Americans probably still aren't wearing masks surgeons masks out in public and at least washing their hands every time they come through the door. 

People in San Francisco didn't even wear masks when there were massive fires going on nearby. The air quality was so bad you couldn't see 15 ft and it felt like you could cut the air with a knife. 

I would wear a mask and goggles and everyone kept telling me I was crazy and that I needed to take them off. Neanderthals 

With that being said, I don't know how much masks really help this time around.

2 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Why would you even attempt to touch someone that you believe has a virus like this. Stupid is a dangerous thing

10 minutes ago, N4L said:

People in San Francisco didn't even wear masks when there were massive fires going on nearby. The air quality was so bad you couldn't see 15 ft and it felt like you could cut the air with a knife. 

I would wear a mask and goggles and everyone kept telling me I was crazy and that I needed to take them off. Neanderthals 

With that being said, I don't know how much masks really help this time around.

Masks won't help as much unless it's an actual seal. There is a good video I watched about a month ago regarding this entire affair if people want to educate themselves on masks. I recommend everyone watch it.

Still, it's better than nothing just because it limits exposure to touching your face.