Haskins Traded Like Rosen?

dll2000

Any possibility that Redskins do to Haskins what AZ did to Rosen?

What would you think of the move?

Who would be interested in trading for Haskins and for what? 

What do Redskins think of Haskins?  They love him or just luke warm? 

I don’t know much about him.  If you are drafting real high and you aren’t real confident in your guy, why not try to upgrade the most important position?

You aren’t going to be in top 2 every year no matter what you do.  You can get a choice QB without giving up extra first rounders. 

• Like 2

I believe that they are exploring all options and making a subtle last ditch effort to try and bait the Lions to trade up to #2 and draft Tua, thus getting them Chase Young at #3 instead of #2 and getting added picks out of it. 

While I'd be SHOCKED to see them trade back to #5 and not get Young, they'd almost be foolish to at least not consider it, as they're looking at a premier player and a nice cache of picks to boot.

IMO I'd rather have Isaiah Simmons, who is a tremendous talent as well/premier pick, and the following:

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

Pick #2 is worth 2600 and Pick #5 is worth 1700, so the likely outcome would be something like:

Redskins trade:

Pick #2

Redskins get:

Pick #5 (1700)

Pick #36 (700)

2021 3rd and 5th

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I believe that they are exploring all options and making a subtle last ditch effort to try and bait the Lions to trade up to #2 and draft Tua, thus getting them Chase Young at #3 instead of #2 and getting added picks out of it. 

While I'd be SHOCKED to see them trade back to #5 and not get Young, they'd almost be foolish to at least not consider it, as they're looking at a premier player and a nice cache of picks to boot.

IMO I'd rather have Isaiah Simmons, who is a tremendous talent as well/premier pick, and the following:

Pick #2 is worth 2600 and Pick #5 is worth 1700, so the likely outcome would be something like:

Redskins trade:

Pick #2

Redskins get:

Pick #5 (1700)

Pick #36 (700)

2021 3rd and 5th

I think the gap between Chase Young and every other player in this draft (except QBs). Is far bigger than the trade value chart usually goes by. For them to pass up Chase Young, you'd have to see an RG3 esque trade.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Redskins trade:

Pick #2

Redskins get:

Pick #5 (1700)

Pick #36 (700)

2021 3rd and 5th

Draft value trade chart does not apply for #2 when we're talking a very solid franchise qb prospect in Tua.  

It would take A LOT more than that for Washington to give up #2 given 1) Chase Young is on the board 2) Tua's medicals have been all extremely positive at the combine.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tredaddy said:

Draft value trade chart does not apply for #2 when we're talking a very solid franchise qb prospect in Tua.  

It would take A LOT more than that for Washington to give up #2 given 1) Chase Young is on the board 2) Tua's medicals have been all extremely positive at the combine.  

The above was merely a hypothetical scenario outlying a plausible trade that Washington could consider. I also went on to say elsewhere that realistically, I think #5, #18, and a 2021 2nd would be the starting point in terms of asking price should they go that route.

If I'm Washington, I entertain that offer, because I still am guaranteed Okudah/Brown/Simmons at 5 to go with an even greater cache of picks.

Just now, MWil23 said:

The above was merely a hypothetical scenario outlying a plausible trade that Washington could consider. I also went on to say elsewhere that realistically, I think #5, #18, and a 2021 2nd would be the starting point in terms of asking price should they go that route.

If I'm Washington, I entertain that offer, because I still am guaranteed Okudah/Brown/Simmons at 5 to go with an even greater cache of picks.

If I'm Washington and I intend on passing on Young to trade down, I:

- Call Detroit up first and see what price they are willing to pay for Chase Young considering they had the 2nd worst # of sacks in 2019.  A 2020 2nd and 2021 2nd is in the range of outcomes.  

- Then trade down again for Tua sweepstakes for an additional 2020 1st, 2nd, etc. 

Being a Skins fan though, I want us to take Young.  

2 hours ago, tredaddy said:

If I'm Washington and I intend on passing on Young to trade down, I:

- Call Detroit up first and see what price they are willing to pay for Chase Young considering they had the 2nd worst # of sacks in 2019.  A 2020 2nd and 2021 2nd is in the range of outcomes.  

- Then trade down again for Tua sweepstakes for an additional 2020 1st, 2nd, etc. 

Being a Skins fan though, I want us to take Young.  

Why in the world would Detroit trade up to #2 knowing that either you or whoever trades up to #2 will take Tua. Detroit will stay at #3 and take Young in that scenario. Skins choices are:

1) Take Young

2) Trade down with a team that wants Tua and miss out on Young. 

• Like 1