Haskins Traded Like Rosen?

dll2000

3 minutes ago, BZski said:

Why in the world would Detroit trade up to #2 knowing that either you or whoever trades up to #2 will take Tua. Detroit will stay at #3 and take Young in that scenario. Skins choices are:

1) Take Young

2) Trade down with a team that wants Tua and miss out on Young. 

You know for certain that no one is interested in trading up to #2 to guarantee themselves one of the best defensive pass rushing prospects in the past decade?  

• Like 2

Just now, tredaddy said:

You know for certain that no one is interested in trading up to #2 to guarantee themselves one of the best defensive pass rushing prospects in the past decade?  

Completely stupid! Lions are in the drivers seat at 3. There would be no reason to trade up. If a team trades up it will be for Tua and that would be a Home Run scenario for Detroit because they get Young. If not and Skins take Young Detroit gets trade down offers from teams that want Tua. There is no real incentive for Detroit to trade up to #2. 

• Like 3

Just now, BZski said:

Completely stupid! Lions are in the drivers seat at 3. There would be no reason to trade up. If a team trades up it will be for Tua and that would be a Home Run scenario for Detroit because they get Young. If not and Skins take Young Detroit gets trade down offers from teams that want Tua. There is no real incentive for Detroit to trade up to #2. 

If they want Young so bad they can buy it from WAS as everyone knows they’d be more than content picking Young for themselves!  If they love Young that much, then there is incentive.

At their current position, they do not control whether or not they get Young.  

2 minutes ago, tredaddy said:

If they want Young so bad they can buy it from WAS as everyone knows they’d be more than content picking Young for themselves!  If they love Young that much, then there is incentive.

At their current position, they do not control whether or not they get Young.  

That will not happen. There is more of a chance Young is there at 3 in your scenario. Lions would not trade up. 

Most likely scenario is Skins take Young and Detroit trades back with Miami...lets be honest that is what is most likely going to happen.

Edited by BZski
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, tredaddy said:

You don’t know that but ok :)

So you are saying....now lets run through this....WAS trades down to DET to #3 getting two extra 2nd rd picks....then trades down again to Miami at #5 and gets more picks? Now think about how stupid and unrealistic that is!

Maybe you trade with Miami and they move up to #2 to take Tu but there is absolutely no reason for Detroit to trade up to #2 if they know the top 2 picks are going to be QBs....ZERO!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BZski said:

So you are saying....now lets run through this....WAS trades down to DET to #3 getting two extra 2nd rd picks....then trades down again to Miami at #5 and gets more picks? Now think about how stupid and unrealistic that is!

Maybe you trade with Miami and they move up to #2 to take Tu but there is absolutely no reason for Detroit to trade up to #2 if they know the top 2 picks are going to be QBs....ZERO!

lol my original post literally said "call up detroit first and see what price they are willing to pay for Chase Young".  It's a scenario that you somehow decided to paint it as it being what WAS is expecting to do.  Apparently you think its dumb for WAS to try and maximize their haul of picks from trading down?    

I already told you several times the reason for Detroit trading up to #2 -- it's to guarantee securing Chase Young from WAS picking him themselves.  I'm confused how you seem to have so much trouble grasping such a simple concept my friend.  

10 minutes ago, tredaddy said:

lol my original post literally said "call up detroit first and see what price they are willing to pay for Chase Young".  It's a scenario that you somehow decided to paint it as it being what WAS is expecting to do.  Apparently you think its dumb for WAS to try and maximize their haul of picks from trading down?    

I already told you several times the reason for Detroit trading up to #2 -- it's to guarantee securing Chase Young from WAS picking him themselves.  I'm confused how you seem to have so much trouble grasping such a simple concept my friend.  

Probably because it is unrealistic.

• Like 1

Sexy and exciting article about the possibilites suggested in the title of this thread:

https://sports.yahoo.com/redskins-drafted-qb-dwayne-haskins-last-year-so-why-are-they-meeting-with-tua-tagovailoa-and-joe-burrow-195233073.html

"

However Rivera or anyone else wants to spin it, it’s not the best news for Haskins. It’s not like the Arizona Cardinals are openly looking at quarterback prospects a year after drafting Kyler Murray. Maybe this is Washington’s way of building leverage in a possible trade for the No. 2 overall pick. Maybe not.

Haskins didn’t start right away last season for the Redskins, who didn’t think he was ready. When he started, the results were mixed. This is a new regime for Washington that has no ties to Haskins. Everyone has assumed the Redskins would draft Ohio State defensive end Chase Young with the second pick, but there has to be some reason the team met with Burrow and Tagovailoa.

....... and I would happily welcome a prediction post from @aceinthehouse, as to what HE thinks will happen vis-s-vis Haskins!

Edited by bzane
  • Like 1

Won’t happen becauss Haskins is better than Rosen and Snyders ego won’t let him trade Haskins. I think people forget Rosens rookie season is among some of the worst QB seasons ever. You can blame OLine all you want but Rosen has proven to be an extremely slow mental processor and a complete statue in the pocket with no pocket awareness what so ever. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

There’s a thread for this already in the Draft subforum.

Probably just as well there's one in general, as well. Or instead. 

3 hours ago, tredaddy said:

If I'm Washington and I intend on passing on Young to trade down, I:

- Call Detroit up first and see what price they are willing to pay for Chase Young considering they had the 2nd worst # of sacks in 2019.  A 2020 2nd and 2021 2nd is in the range of outcomes.  

- Then trade down again for Tua sweepstakes for an additional 2020 1st, 2nd, etc. 

Being a Skins fan though, I want us to take Young.  

I think they'll take Young as well. But...when you consider the scenario you're detailing (and I've thought quite a bit about this)...this is probably the route they SHOULD go. They could still get Epenesa, and a whole bunch of extra picks. That's actually what I'd do, if I was the Redskins GM. 

1 hour ago, BZski said:

Why in the world would Detroit trade up to #2 knowing that either you or whoever trades up to #2 will take Tua. Detroit will stay at #3 and take Young in that scenario. Skins choices are:

1) Take Young

2) Trade down with a team that wants Tua and miss out on Young. 

There is a possibility of multiple trade downs, as @tredaddy has pointed out. 

1 hour ago, tredaddy said:

I think there'd be some interest there, for sure. Now...whether that would pan out?

12 minutes ago, bzane said:

....... and I would happily welcome a prediction post from @aceinthehouse, as to what HE thinks will happen vis-s-vis Haskins!

That would make for a good read. 

12 minutes ago, bzane said:

Sexy and exciting article about the possibilites suggested in the title of this thread:

https://sports.yahoo.com/redskins-drafted-qb-dwayne-haskins-last-year-so-why-are-they-meeting-with-tua-tagovailoa-and-joe-burrow-195233073.html

"

However Rivera or anyone else wants to spin it, it’s not the best news for Haskins. It’s not like the Arizona Cardinals are openly looking at quarterback prospects a year after drafting Kyler Murray. Maybe this is Washington’s way of building leverage in a possible trade for the No. 2 overall pick. Maybe not.

Haskins didn’t start right away last season for the Redskins, who didn’t think he was ready. When he started, the results were mixed. This is a new regime for Washington that has no ties to Haskins. Everyone has assumed the Redskins would draft Ohio State defensive end Chase Young with the second pick, but there has to be some reason the team met with Burrow and Tagovailoa.

Haskins won't be traded...

This is all a smokescreen, to maximize any & all offers for the #2 pick.

The only way they trade out of the #2 pick, is if they're blown away by a trade offer. (In talking an RG3 type trade of offer)

But they want teams to think we might select a QB. As the Arizona decision is fresh in people's minds.

Otherwise, we're picking Chase Young.

I do think LT Trent Williams gets traded. I'm 💯 % certain of that.

Either Browns, Patriots, Vikings, Niners or Rams.

Those are my 5 teams Trent will go too.

That is my prediction..

• Like 1