Haskins Traded Like Rosen?

dll2000

4 hours ago, m haynes said:

Ok boys ready to destroy me.

I don't see Young as a once in  a life time player.  I would never trade the farm to get him. The Lions would be fools if they traded up with some of the package mentioned. I look at this guy as Clowney, a great player however not a game changer. This kid is not even close to LT or DT.

I'm the Loins I just sit there and wait til they come to me. Than rob the fools that want there pick. Just a Ex.  Miami trades up with 2, 1st and a second and more. There is always some fool in the draft!

PS  Stop with the lowest sacks in the league. Matt Patrica defense philosophy could care less about sack. I should know, I'm a Pats fan who was always frustrated with Matt P defense. He would never blitz to save his life.

Matter of fact don't be shocked if the Lion want Simmons over Young. He fits MP defense style. Now I'm not saying this is what I would do. I want the pass rusher, but will MP.

That is what scares me the most. Plus, there was a report that Young gave off the diva vibe in interviews and MP hates diva's. He hates the social media queens who post a lot of stuff too, hints why Slay, Golden Tate, Diggs ,and Snacks are now gone. He likes the lunch pail hard-workers that do not get distracted by anything outside of football.

I am not so sure it is the no-brainer pick with Young at #3 that I and most fans seem to think it should be. I can see the Lions have a close grade on Simmons, Brown and Okudah.

25 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Any writer who actually thinks an NFL team would spend the second overall pick to create a quarterback competition needs to be slapped.  We can file that one away in the pre-draft nonsense folder.

I tend to agree but with a new HC anything is on the table. If it is a smokescreen WAS is doing well at it. I am starting to get the vibe Tua will go #2 to either WAS or another team. Chase Young will be a Detroit Lion on draft day!

1 hour ago, BZski said:

I tend to agree but with a new HC anything is on the table. If it is a smokescreen WAS is doing well at it. I am starting to get the vibe Tua will go #2 to either WAS or another team. Chase Young will be a Detroit Lion on draft day!

On 2/29/2020 at 9:18 AM, Gmen said:

It's too early to say he's wrong. I'm just saying he's unlikely to admit he's wrong, even if he is wrong.

Personally, I'd trade down a few spots and try to land Herbert. I don't think Haskins has what it takes to be a consistent quarterback in this league. But that's just my opinion.

Unless you guys had drafted Haskins instead of Jones 

I don’t even want to go back and look how much denial I was in regarding trading Rosen around this time last year.  Haskins is a tier above him in terms of talent and Tua also has injury concerns so I don’t see a change.  If Tua didn’t injure his hip it’s a different story.  It might’ve been Haskins vs Burrow round 2.

5 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Any writer who actually thinks an NFL team would spend the second overall pick to create a quarterback competition needs to be slapped.  We can file that one away in the pre-draft nonsense folder.

Dan Synder loves Haskins. He wouldn't allow that pick to go to waste.

Just pick up Jalen Hurts in the 4th lol why waste it on Tua.

51 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

I don’t even want to go back and look how much denial I was in regarding trading Rosen around this time last year.  Haskins is a tier above him in terms of talent and Tua also has injury concerns so I don’t see a change.  If Tua didn’t injure his hip it’s a different story.  It might’ve been Haskins vs Burrow round 2.

Is he really?