Haskins Traded Like Rosen?

dll2000

On 28/02/2020 at 6:59 AM, BayRaider said:

Won’t happen becauss Haskins is better than Rosen and Snyders ego won’t let him trade Haskins. I think people forget Rosens rookie season is among some of the worst QB seasons ever. You can blame OLine all you want but Rosen has proven to be an extremely slow mental processor and a complete statue in the pocket with no pocket awareness what so ever. 

It really isn't.

Even if Young turns out to be JJ Watts what has he done for his team? or Aaron Donald? the offense carried that team not one DL.

QB is way more important. Deshaun is way more important to his team than Watt. 

The Skins also have Alex Smith. A lot of cash tied down to 3 QB.

5 hours ago, LowMotorGuy said:

just watch this

literally every highlight is a awful throw taht is bailed out by circus catches

also doesn't help he is not smart and cant read defenses

Oh I fully agree with you man. I had Haskins as my QB4 and Late 2nd Round grade. Only QB I had graded as a 1st was Murray. All these teams keep reaching in the 1st for QBs, when they are not 1st Round caliber QBs. Daniel Jones, Dwayne Haskins, Josh Allen, Josh Rosen should not have picked in the 1st Round. 

Burrow and Tua are as 1st caliber as it gets. 

Also for the Haskins skeptics, if Haskins is as bad as you believe then Washington likely will get a chance to take a top QB again next year and you get Chase Young as well. Obviously that isn't the route you'd take if you fully believed he was a disaster but I don't think it's safe to consign Haskins to the garbage bin now based on a small sample of games.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, LowMotorGuy said:

just watch this

literally every highlight is a awful throw taht is bailed out by circus catches

also doesn't help he is not smart and cant read defenses

Question, How can you quantify if a guy is smart or not. Also in your opinion, how do you know if he can read a defense or not or are you just throwing it out?  As a matter of fact, in those highlights there is one common theme of coverage, tell me what it was because I question your football i.q with some of the statements you made.

-Also, that offense didn't do him any favors, and it put a lot of pressure on him to make plays on his own. A smart offensive coordinator has a self sustaining offense where a young passer can just distribute the ball and build confidence, not throw a whole playbook at him and feed him to the wolves.

-I know I'm in the minority but I think the Colts, Buccaneers, or even go to a place like the Saints and sit a year behind Brees and take over when he retires

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 4

Looks like the user I have on ignore posted a highlight video as proof that Haskins sucks?  Lmao, looks like I made the right choice. 

Anyway, if you don’t believe in the eye test (or just don’t have eyes) every advanced metric known to man that adjusts for situations around the QBs (dropped passes and INTs, penalties, throwaways, etc.) have Haskins far ahead of Rosen and even on par or ahead of Daniel Jones. That’s not a coincidence. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Question, How can you quantify if a guy is smart or not. Also in your opinion, how do you know if he can read a defense or not or are you just throwing it out?  As a matter of fact, in those highlights there is one common theme of coverage, tell me what it was because I question your football i.q with some of the statements you made.

This. I get so frustrated when forum jockeys make such outlandish claims such as this. Does anyone here know what the playcall was? Probably not, so trying to extrapolate what constitutes good Football IQ from a YouTube clip is the height of stupidity.

Football is a complex sport, and nobody can analyze it from YouTube clips. Claiming you can only enforces your lack of understanding.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

This. I get so frustrated when forum jockeys make such outlandish claims such as this. Does anyone here know what the playcall was? Probably not, so trying to extrapolate what constitutes good Football IQ from a YouTube clip is the height of stupidity.

Football is a complex sport, and nobody can analyze it from YouTube clips. Claiming you can only enforces your lack of understanding.

Its called being an armchair QB

1 minute ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Its called being an armchair QB

I think it's even worse than an armchair QB. Armchair QBs and Monday Morning QBs existed before the internet - guys who think they know so much about ball because they played JV ball in high school.

Now with YouTube out there, they think they can "break down film" as if they even have the slightest inkling of what's going on. Watching YouTube clips isn't "watching the tape" it's just reliving video at a limited angle with very limited understanding of what was actually going on. I'm just glad there are folks out there that know better and will call others out for it. It's probably my biggest gripe on this site, people using YouTube and saying "watch the tape" as if that's telling us anything.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I think it's even worse than an armchair QB. Armchair QBs and Monday Morning QBs existed before the internet - guys who think they know so much about ball because they played JV ball in high school.

Now with YouTube out there, they think they can "break down film" as if they even have the slightest inkling of what's going on. Watching YouTube clips isn't "watching the tape" it's just reliving video at a limited angle with very limited understanding of what was actually going on. I'm just glad there are folks out there that know better and will call others out for it. It's probably my biggest gripe on this site, people using YouTube and saying "watch the tape" as if that's telling us anything.

@ me next time you want to start beef

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

It's probably my biggest gripe on this site, people using YouTube and saying "watch the tape" as if that's telling us anything.

Gosh, I don't know about that. If it weren't for YouTube, I would never have known that Burt Lancaster was such a great triple threat on offense, and that he could maybe sort of pass for a Native American if he dyed his hair black!

• Like 1