Williams Asks for Extension or Trade

LoganF89

16 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

He looks great at times, like really, really good and he also looks really bad at times.

I think he easily was our best CB on our roster, but like I said, that isn't saying much. He should do well in Seattle, I'm glad we didn't break the bank for him, but I do feel he deserved a raise.

And I didn't say he wasn't a good CB. I said he wasn't "that good", as in the big-time cover corner he is being built up to be.

His talent is definitely worth more than a 5th round pick so I'm not sure who is building him up when people say that. 

9 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

His talent is definitely worth more than a 5th round pick so I'm not sure who is building him up when people say that. 

No one offered more then a 5th round pick for Dunbar. If they did, where exactly is that pick and why don't we have it?

So it doesn't matter what any of us think Dunbar was worth, other teams didn't want to give up more then a 5th round for a player pick who's missed 15 games that he's started in the NFL over the last two seasons, only was a two year starter, only has one year left on his deal and wants a big pay raise.

I mean let's be real here! Use your brain!

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

Our "best corner" still wasn't that good.

We haven't had a true #1 CB since D-Hall was here. Even D-Hall wasn't the greatest here.

We haven't had a true #1 corner since Shawn Springs in 2008, I mean it's true. Sad, but true.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f299fb4b477d64dad3771

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

No one offered more then a 5th round pick for Dunbar. If they did, where exactly is that pick and why don't we have it?

So it doesn't matter what any of us think Dunbar was worth, other teams didn't want to give up more then a 5th round for a player pick who's missed 15 games that he's started in the NFL over the last two seasons, only was a two year starter, only has one year left on his deal and wants a big pay raise.

I mean let's be real here! Use your brain!

So you could've done the samething with Dunbar as your doing with Williams. I never said I didn't understand them letting him go for a 5th, but #FACTS his Talent is worth more than that. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

So you could've done the samething with Dunbar as your doing with Williams. I never said I didn't understand them letting him go for a 5th, but #FACTS his Potential Talent is worth more than that. 

Definitely agree with that, with the addition of one word.

Edited by Slappy Mc
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

So you could've done the samething with Dunbar as your doing with Williams. I never said I didn't understand them letting him go for a 5th, but #FACTS his Talent is worth more than that. 

Which doesn't matter bc that's not what other teams were going to pay for a soft corner who can't stay healthy and is inflating his worth to a team just like Trent is.

45 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Which doesn't matter bc that's not what other teams were going to pay for a soft corner who can't stay healthy and is inflating his worth to a team just like Trent is.

It does matter because You let High Talent go for a Low reward. Dunbar was still under contract with us just like Trent and we could've held onto him until he became a Free Agent next year. More than likley getting a 3rd or 4th round comp pick in next years draft. 

Edited by Skins212689

9 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

It does matter because You let High Talent go for a Low reward. Dunbar was still under contract with us just like Trent and we could've held onto until he became a Free Agent next year. More than likley getting a 3rd or 4th round pick in next years draft. 

You can't just make up a scenario where a team would give the Redskins a higher draft pick and it’d be true.

I think, we all think as Redskins fans that Dunbar is a better player then what most 5th round picks will end up being but again, it doesn’t matter bc we didn’t get offered higher then a late 5th. We weren’t getting a higher pick then that, no one offered it to us.

Dunbar didn’t want to be here, he made that clear. It was time to move on and move in a new direction with players who want to be here and want to play for Ron Rivera. Holding onto a player who basically has given Rivera the middle finger before even playing a down for him wasn’t going to improve the team in the long run.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

You can't just make up a scenario where a team would give the Redskins a higher draft pick and it’d be true.

I think, we all think as Redskins fans that Dunbar is a better player then what most 5th round picks will end up being but again, it doesn’t matter bc we didn’t get offered higher then a late 5th. We weren’t getting a higher pick then that, no one offered it to us.

Dunbar didn’t want to be here, he made that clear. It was time to move on and move in a new direction with players who want to be here and want to play for Ron Rivera. Holding onto a player who basically has given Rivera the middle finger before even playing a down for him wasn’t going to improve the team in the long run.

Dunbar play dictates his worth or what I'm willing to let him go for. That was a 3rd round pick or more. If teams are only offering a 5th, I take the same route as We are with TRENT. 

I see your point about waiting for value to be realized- kind of like the market- don’t buy high and sell low. But I believe one very important factor for a new coach is setting the tone- establishing the cultural norms- you’re either all in on the team or you aren’t. That’s very important. My advice for new leaders is the first 30 days are for both new leaders and for new employees as it’s where people lock in on the culture of an organization. As a new leader- Rivera set a tone with this decision. Could he have waited to trade Dunbar? Sure. Might have gotten a round higher pick? Sure. But by shipping him off now- as a new leader- he set the tone for the culture he wants not just with words, but with action. I like it. The Redskins since Snyder have had terrible culture defined by many other things than what it should be about- winning on the field. Rivera is saying if you aren’t totally committed to winning as a redskin you’re out- and losing a one round higher draft pick to send that strong clear message is worth it being received by the other 90 guys who will be competing to make the team this year.

Now to Trent- his case is different. If he wasn’t such a Richard (nickname) he would be with a 1st round pick as compensation. I’m not selling too low on this guy and am waiting a bit longer. Plus, I’m also thinking- this selfish liar cost some good hard working normal people their jobs by falsely crying the equivalent of rape, but when the team asked for an independent investigation- he’s like “ no I won’t cooperate”. Albert Haynesworth used to be the former Redskins player I least respected- Trent has beaten Fat Albert our for the top honors. 

Edited by Doc Draper
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Our "best corner" still wasn't that good.

We haven't had a true #1 CB since D-Hall was here. Even D-Hall wasn't the greatest here.

That’s not the point. He was a good corner, under 30 and they gave him away because he made a fuss. They could’ve worked out a deal but instead this regime created another unneeded hole. I can’t see how a 5th rounder for Dunbar is beneficial but whatever. 

9 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Because nobody wants him in the Browns forum.

He’s obsessed with trading OBJ.

Not obsessed but if I can get San Frans pick at 13 for him I’d do it in a heart beat. Just too many problems he’s a distraction and can’t stay healthy. I’d take a Jeudy or Lamb over Odell  today yes I would. But if I’m not getting either of them I’ll keep him  I do believe we overpaid When we traded for him originally I would’ve been happy with Metcalf last year. 

y’all just salty you got a player who doesn’t want to play for you but is too valuable to just give up so you’ll get a comp pick, waste an asset, and waste the opportunity to actually help your young QB in the present because of Greed. 

And y’all keep dissing third round picks. Your best player on the whole team just came from the third round IN LAST YEARS DRAFT. Like just LAST YEAR but your going to be too greedy to miss out on a potential player who can help you. And your asset is just going to be wasted and you’ll get that fifth round comp pick. Congratulations 🎊🍾🎈 

Just wondering, has a feasible list of potential teams been complied from a site. I think there are a couple rough options.

1) Trent Williams for 5th (straight)

2) Trent Williams for 4th + average vet player ($10M, 1 year remaining)

3) Release

Edited by CriminalMind

32 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Just wondering, has a feasible list of potential teams been complied from a site. I think there are a couple rough options.

1) Trent Williams for 5th (straight)

2) Trent Williams for 4th + average vet player ($10M, 1 year remaining)

3) Release

None of those things are happening. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Not obsessed but if I can get San Frans pick at 13 for him I’d do it in a heart beat. Just too many problems he’s a distraction and can’t stay healthy. I’d take a Jeudy or Lamb over Odell  today yes I would. But if I’m not getting either of them I’ll keep him  I do believe we overpaid When we traded for him originally I would’ve been happy with Metcalf last year. 

y’all just salty you got a player who doesn’t want to play for you but is too valuable to just give up so you’ll get a comp pick, waste an asset, and waste the opportunity to actually help your young QB in the present because of Greed. 

And y’all keep dissing third round picks. Your best player on the whole team just came from the third round IN LAST YEARS DRAFT. Like just LAST YEAR but your going to be too greedy to miss out on a potential player who can help you. And your asset is just going to be wasted and you’ll get that fifth round comp pick. Congratulations 🎊🍾🎈 

Cool. Like I told you before, nobody on this forum is trading or trading for Trent. So calling fans greedy is quite weird. If it were up to me he’d be gone for Njoku and a third but I don’t make that call. 

• Like 1