Williams Asks for Extension or Trade

LoganF89

1 minute ago, brownie man said:

I don’t think I’m being a troll this is a legit situation. The browns are the most logical fit. Everyone knows that. We have the assets and more cash than everyone and a huge need. 

I just find it concerning you all are willing to lose value on a DEPRECIATING asset for spite. It’s not like your going to get more value later he’s only getting older and teams will be more unsure of if he still has it the longer he sits out. 

Operating out of spite won’t get you guys far. You gotta understand what fair value is for him. Don’t let those Bill o Brien trades effect your thinking. 

You have a truck, you haven't driven for a year but has been very reliable for you previously, that you value at $10,000. I offer you $2,000 for it. You just gunna accept that because, hey "it's better than nothing". 

I proceed to tell you how you over value you your truck and that you couldn't possibly get the return you are expecting. Yet you hold on to your truck, why?

Because you know its value. When someone the time comes for someone who really needs a truck, you can reopen talks. That truck doesn't have to leave your garage until you feel you are being compensated fairly for it.

Make sense?

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

You keep acting like a LT is so far above everything else in terms of value. As far as I can see based on contracts being given out...that's not the case.

Guess we'll see, but I don't think you're going to be happy with compensation at the end of the day.

If not happy with the offer The Redskins say where Trent Williams will play next year if he wants to play. That's what most don't understand or want to accept. 

Edited by Skins212689

37 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I can't like this post, because I see no reason to not like Trent. The way you've flipped on this after Trent said what he said about the medical staff only leads me to believe that its personal and you must personally know someone who is affected or has had their reputation put in question by his accusations bc otherwise it really doesn't make sense.

That being said, I agree with the first paragraph and have also come to the conclusion if the Redskins can't trade Trent for the Jets two 3rds, a 2nd round pic or better or a good player then, they should just hold onto him and make him report.

I don't see him skipping a second season, that would basically be the end of his career almost and at that point he should just retire.

We've been over this a million times. Not going back through it again. If you want to see my thoughts on it, they are recorded for all time earlier in this thread. I never "flipped" I always believed the whole "Redskins misdiagnosed me so they need to pay" was a smokescreen meant to extract $$ or a trade. And the more this drags on, and the more his agent talks, the more I'm convinced my instincts were/are correct.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Jags fans are in the same boat with Yan. Team wronged him last year and he's deservedly wanting out. Although I love Yan and want him to be a career Jaguar, I get it.

Trent's situation? That's worse x10. Can't imagine being pissed at Trent.

Not going through this whole thing again, but the team didn't "wrong" Trent so it's not the same thing.

If you want my reasons why I don't like Trent, I've laid them out multiple times ad nauseum in this thread. 

2 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

If not happy with the offer The Redskins say where Trent Williams will play next year if he wants to play. That's what most don't understand or want to accept. 

Not the point of this.

Redskins also had the day where Dunbar played next year and their was growing tension between them and with the team (especially under new leadership) trying to put their own stamp on the team they're not likely going to want these off field antics.

No one's saying give him for pennies on the dollar. But given the market for players age 30 or older, a 3rd/4th isn't giving him for pennies. You can keep bringing up being the blindsided for Brady all you want but they still aren't viewed any higher than a pass rusher (probably even lesser), which both Campbell and Casey provide. So acting like comparing what they got and what you guys could get for Trent is so off base is a stretch. 

He is a better overall player than either at this stage, hence why he'd bring more.

10 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

You have a truck, you haven't driven for a year but has been very reliable for you previously, that you value at $10,000. I offer you $2,000 for it. You just gunna accept that because, hey "it's better than nothing". 

I proceed to tell you how you over value you your truck and that you couldn't possibly get the return you are expecting. Yet you hold on to your truck, why?

Because you know its value. When someone the time comes for someone who really needs a truck, you can reopen talks. That truck doesn't have to leave your garage until you feel you are being compensated fairly for it.

Make sense?

This is where I'm at.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Not going through this whole thing again, but the team didn't "wrong" Trent so it's not the same thing.

If you want my reasons why I don't like Trent, I've laid them out multiple times ad nauseum in this thread. 

Just going to have to agree to disagree then. I've read up on it plenty.

Yan got offered $19M a year last off-season which is looking to be right around his value, yet I still feel he was wronged based on what the team told him/how they negotiated.