Williams Asks for Extension or Trade

LoganF89

Any thoughts to trading Trent to the Bills for their 3rd round pick & Ty Nsekhe?

Or, trading Trent to the Chargers for Hunter Henry?

I still think the Trent to their Browns for Njoku is a good one for both teams though.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Any thoughts to trading Trent to the Bills for their 3rd round pick & Ty Nsekhe?

Or, trading Trent to the Chargers for Hunter Henry?

I still think the Trent to their Browns for Njoku is a good one for both teams though.

I have no interest in Nsekhe who is on the wrong side of 30.  

Hunter Henry would fit right in with our team that can't stay healthy.  Hard pass.  

A mid-round pick from the Browns along with Njoku would be a decent deal.  

7 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I have no interest in Nsekhe who is on the wrong side of 30.  

Hunter Henry would fit right in with our team that can't stay healthy.  Hard pass.  

A mid-round pick from the Browns along with Njoku would be a decent deal.  

You’re getting a 3rd and throw in stop gap starting LT, it’s not like we’re just getting Nsekhe for Trent. We need a starting LT and Nsekhe can do that for a year until we draft our long term answer at LT next year.

I understand Henry has battled some injuries but how picky can we be now given the place Bruce Allen, Trent & Vincent Taylor have out the organization in currently? The answer is we can't be that picky, we’d be getting a starting TE back.

I definitely agree the trade for Njoku and a mid round pick makes more sense.

Edited by turtle28

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

You’re getting a 3rd and throw in stop gap starting LT, it’s not like we’re just getting Nsekhe for Trent. We need a starting LT and Nsekhe can do that for a year until we draft our long term answer at LT next year.

I understand Henry has battled some injuries but how picky can we be now given the place Bruce Allen, Trent & Vincent Taylor have out the organization in currently? The answer is we can't be that picky, Wed be getting a starting TE back.

I definitely agree the trade for Njoku and a mid round pick makes more sense.

I don't think Nsekhe provides anything that Lucas doesn't, or bringing back Penn for a year would do.  When we trade Trent, I would ideally like to get back something that fixes another hole on the roster, not the one he is leaving behind.  

7 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Trade Trent

sign Peters to 1 yr deal

Draft OT in Round 4-7 

If necessary, take Top tackle in 2021 draft.

I don't think Jason Peters is going to sign a one year deal with a rebuilding team, but anything could happen.  

I also think if we sign someone else, if Penn or someone else, there isn't a need to draft someone.  

I'm also of the opinion that, while a top flight LT is a need, it's also something that you can get away with if you have an average to above average LT.  You can scheme to help them against top flight pass-rushers and adapt playcalling accordingly.  If Haskins falters and we get to draft Lawrence next year, tackle goes way down the list.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Trade Trent

sign Peters to 1 yr deal

Draft OT in Round 4-7 

If necessary, take Top tackle in 2021 draft.

I don't see the need to draft an OT in the mid to late rounds even if/when we trade Trent. We have Moses, Lucas & Christian and if we don't trust one of them to start at LT we can sign Kelvin Beachum or re-sign Donald Penn. I still think Peters goes to Tampa to play with TB12 before he goes anywhere.

Another option could be Cordy Glenn. He doesn't want to play in Cincinnati anymore, but up until this point there's been no rumors of him being cut or traded, but after we trade Trent, I’d definitely jump at the opportunity to trade for him or sign him if he's cut.

32 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don't see the need to draft an OT in the mid to late rounds even if/when we trade Trent. We have Moses, Lucas & Christian and if we don't trust one of them to start at LT we can sign Kelvin Beachum or re-sign Donald Penn. I still think Peters goes to Tampa to play with TB12 before he goes anywhere.

Another option could be Cordy Glenn. He doesn't want to play in Cincinnati anymore, but up until this point there's been no rumors of him being cut or traded, but after we trade Trent, I’d definitely jump at the opportunity to trade for him or sign him if he's cut.

Glenn would be solid.  He didn't have the peak that Donald Penn did, but he's probably on par with the performance Penn gave us last year.  

56 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Glenn would be solid.  He didn't have the peak that Donald Penn did, but he's probably on par with the performance Penn gave us last year.  

The thing with Penn is his age - it was a miracle he played all 16 games last year - I can't see that happening again. Glenn would presumably give us two or three years off good LT play, the issue w/ him though is injuries.

Can Glenn play near a full 16 games?

He's only come close to that once since 2016, in 2018 when he played 13 games.

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

The thing with Penn is his age - it was a miracle he played all 16 games last year - I can't see that happening again. Glenn would presumably give us two or three years off good LT play, the issue w/ him though is injuries.

Can Glenn play near a full 16 games?

He's only come close to that once since 2016, in 2018 when he played 13 games.

Cordy Glenn fits right in with the Redskins, then.  

10 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I don't think Nsekhe provides anything that Lucas doesn't, or bringing back Penn for a year would do.  When we trade Trent, I would ideally like to get back something that fixes another hole on the roster, not the one he is leaving behind.  

So, you are comfortable with Lucas - who has started 2 games that I know of at LT is his career - at LT?

And you don't think Nsekhe would offer more then Lucas at LT?

Nsekhe started 17 games in the NFL - and played snaps in a dozen more games - mostly at LT.

Interesting. I guess you're the one being optimistic now. 

Definitely agree Penn can once again be serviceable, but I’d rather sign Beachum, Nsekhe in a Trent trade, or Cordy Glenn in a Trent trade, other trade or sign him if he's cut. I'd also do the @MikeT14 trade idea from his social distancing mock of trading Trent for Garrett Bolles and a mid round pick.

Edited by turtle28

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

So, you are comfortable with Lucas - who has started 2 games that I know of at LT is his career - at LT?

And you don't think Nsekhe would offer more then Lucas at LT?

Nsekhe started 17 games in the NFL - and probably played snaps in a handful more - most at LT.

Interesting. I guess you're the one being optimistic now. 

Definitely agree Penn can once again be serviceable, but if rather sign Beachum, Nsekhe in a Trent trade, or Cordy Glenn in a Trent trade, other trade or sign him if he's cut. I'd also do the @MikeT14 trade idea from his social distancing mock of trading Trent for Garrett Bolles and a mid round pick.

I just don't think highly of exchanging one of our few tradable assets for a tackle who will be 35 years old is a smart decision.  If you want a veteran tackle, sign one.  Don't trade one of the few pieces we have to offer in a trade for a lesser package because you want the older tackle.  Or if you really want Nsekhe, offer a late round pick, because that's his value right now.  

16 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I just don't think highly of exchanging one of our few tradable assets for a tackle who will be 35 years old is a smart decision.  If you want a veteran tackle, sign one.  Don't trade one of the few pieces we have to offer in a trade for a lesser package because you want the older tackle.  Or if you really want Nsekhe, offer a late round pick, because that's his value right now.  

Again, Nsekhe is basically a throw in in that trade. We’d be getting Buffalo’s 3rd round pick too so that in the 3rd round we can draft a TE or WR with our natural pick and come back and take one or the other with the Buffalo 3rd. Or, we can use the pick on an OL to develop, a LB or CB.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Again, Nsekhe is basically a throw in in that trade. We’d be getting Buffalo’s 3rd round pick too so that in the 3rd round we can draft a TE or WR with our natural pick and come back and take one or the other with the Buffalo 3rd. Or, we can use the pick on an OL to develop, a LB or CB.

If we are getting a player in the deal as well, I'd try to get someone younger.  A 35 year old tackle who barely has starting experience with how long he's been in the league carries no value in a trade.  

20 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

If we are getting a player in the deal as well, I'd try to get someone younger.  A 35 year old tackle who barely has starting experience with how long he's been in the league carries no value in a trade.  

Sure he carries value, he can start at LT. And just to be clear, Nsekhe doesn’t really have wear and tear on his body as he’s only started 17 games in the league - so, just one season. He’s as fresh a 34 year old football player as there can be bc he’s mostly rode the pine. He also hasn’t been in the league long, we signed him in 2015 when I think he was 30, he had played in the Arena league & CFL up until then.

Who are we going to get younger that has the starting experience that Nsekhe does?

Edited by turtle28