2020 NFL Combine Noteworthy Results & Talk

Mind Character

24 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t care at all if Wills is an idiot.  This is OL play, not nuclear physics.

idgaf if the guard next to him has to point at the guy he’s supposed to block each play tbh.

“See that dude to your right? Hulk smash him.”

That’s it.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Word from tony Pauline is that Jedrick Wills is dropping due to his interviews. He has had lots of problems comprehending blocking schemes. He is now being projected by some at G. Wirfs going the opposite direction, not a guard. Tackle all day. IDIOTS. 

giphy.gif

Browns insiders at Indy are saying the Giants are all in on Becton or Thomas.

Yeah I saw that report I think that’s just teams trying to get him to fall

dude was an all pro at Alabama protecting the franchise and opening huge holes

He’s fine if anything that’s probably our FO if anybody spreading that hoping he falls. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Is this the same source that said the Browns are going to get McCarthy, Rivera, or Urban.

Never ever said I had source that we were getting McCarthy or Urban or Rivera.

Ha ha your telling us if Tua drops to 4 that nobody would trade for him.

I had trade down options at 3 and 4. (See what I actually said below):

3.) Lions -- Isaiah Simmons --OR-- Jeffrey Okudah -- OR-- Trade Down -- 0% Confidence

4.) Giants -- Tristan Wirfs --OR-- Isaiah Simmons --OR-- Trade Down -- 90.0% Confidence

28 minutes ago, brownie man said:

He’s fine if anything that’s probably our FO if anybody spreading that hoping he falls. 

Silly season is here, and I love it.

Comprehending blocking schemes isn't rocket science. Wills is an Economic Systems and Finance Major with a 3.54 GPA, 10 credits away from graduation in his Junior year, and was academic all-district team his entire career.

Wouldn't be surprised if one of the main teams putting out bad info on Wills is the Browns.

If so, Berry is doing his job as he should be.

The tape shows high level comprehension as Wills had multiple instances taking out 2 and 3 defenders often his primary defender, a help defender, and then working to the second level.

Lance Zierlein, Daniel Jeremiah, and Matt Money Smith talked about how that he took out 3 defenders on film over 14 times.

To start at Bama and block the blindside of the QB one has to be accountable and have a high level of comprehension.

Wills is clearly a notch above the rest. If he falls, it will be because of the behemoth athletic upside seen in Becton and Wirfs.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Comprehending blocking schemes isn't rocket science. Wills is an Economic Systems and Finance Major with a 3.54 GPA, 10 credits away from graduation in his Junior year, and was academic all-district team his entire career.

....at the university of Alabama...

context

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

context

Lol, of course.

Ultimately, anything that comes out about Wills that causes teams to have doubts is amazing for the Browns and I welcome it.

But the "can't comprehend offense/defense/blocking scheme" type of rumors that come out every year during the draft lead up is always a real funny one and seriously disrespects the base human intelligence of these young men and treats the game of football's conditional logic as if it's splitting the atom.

If you can be diligent enough in studies to even "bs your way through to" a 3.54 in Economics and Finance as an academic all-american in college at a school like Alabama you don't lack the diligence or intelligence to grasp blocking schemes.

Saban spoke highly of Wills' accountability and commitment. His play shows advanced feel for the game and comprehension.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

context

Iol I mean, if you can get a 3.5 in high school you’re smart enough to understand how to function as an OL.

He doesn’t have to make protection calls, know multiple positions, etc.  

It’s as basic as it gets.

1 hour ago, Mind Character said:

Silly season is here, and I love it.

Wouldn't be surprised if one of the main teams putting out bad info on Wills is the Browns.

If so, Berry is doing his job as he should be.

The tape shows high level comprehension as Wills had multiple instances taking out 2 and 3 defenders often his primary defender, a help defender, and then working to the second level.

Lance Zierlein, Daniel Jeremiah, and Matt Money Smith talked about how that he took out 3 defenders on film over 14 times.

To start at Bama and block the blindside of the QB one has to be accountable and have a high level of comprehension.

Wills is clearly a notch above the rest. If he falls, it will be because of the behemoth athletic upside seen in Becton and Wirfs.

Pardon me I was having trouble reading all your options on my handheld

So question just yes or  no is Miami drafting a qb?

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

that is true but Bama hasnt really produced a legit guard or tackle in the NFL that has been a stud in a while. Wills has been one of the rare Bama lineman I have liked

Edited by buno67
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

I’d take Wirfs Becton Thomas over him all day anyways. 

Id rather trade down and take Josh Jones than take Wills at 10.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

context

well its not like michigan, where they advise players to stay away from majors like that, even tho they use those majors as recruiting pitches to land them

• Like 1

Just now, pnies20 said:

I’d take Wirfs Becton Thomas over him all day anyways. 

Id rather trade down and take Josh Jones than take Wills at 10.

What how?

have you even watched them or you just watching the combine 

there is no way you can actually watch the 5 tackles play and not thing that Wills is the best player. He clearly does a better job of being a tackle than anybody else. 

What about Wills game gives you any reasoning for wanting those guys over him? A blind man can see he’s the best tackle