2020 NFL Combine Noteworthy Results & Talk

Mind Character

2 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Yeah I just watched a ton of the lineman I haven't looked at yet

I've basically come to this realization 

Wills Becton and Thomas

are they only tackles that I just at LT day one

Wirfs is probably best at guard and he'd be Zack Martin level

Austin Jackson and Prince A are worth drafting, but I wouldn't trust them day 1 at all

Everyone else basically sucks 

Just glad he will force another player or tackle to drop in the draft. 

• Like 1

@Mind Character, your pick-10 anxiety can finally end:

Burrow, Young, Tua healthy, Herbert hype is real, Love hype is real (though he may make it to 10 and then be ours to maximize trade-down value), Becton is pretty much a lock, Jeudy...

That's seven guys who are pretty much a lock to go top-10, and that leaves

Wills, Simmons, Okudah, Brown for just two picks until we're on the clock. Maybe even Ruggs and/or Lamb goes, or even Kinlaw. Add in Thomas & Wirfs even as possible guys who go and we've got some serious talent sitting there at 10, maybe even possible to trade down a few picks and still get a blue-chip with some compensation. Shoot, maybe pick 10 becomes pick 13--Brown--and 67--Mims.

7 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Why? You have absolutely no idea how Riggs transitions to the NFL. WR might be the hardest positions to project in the NFL and has a higher bust rate than other positions

I would by no means love this idea, but it would be looking at a combination of factors: injury history, potential diva stuff--not a big deal but still a factor--, contract, rookie contract for Ruggs, special h/w/s for Ruggs--99th % cannot be ignored--, and I happen to love Ruggs as a prospect. He might be the best receiver in the entire draft, when it's all said and done. 

I fully agree on the riskiness of it. That said, if I got two firsts for Odell and Landry, I'm listening. But I don't believe we can, so that's kinda that and I wouldn't trade them; it's gotta be both or neither IMO.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

@Mind Character, your pick-10 anxiety can finally end:

Burrow, Young, Tua healthy, Herbert hype is real, Love hype is real (though he may make it to 10 and then be ours to maximize trade-down value), Becton is pretty much a lock, Jeudy...

That's seven guys who are pretty much a lock to go top-10, and that leaves

Wills, Simmons, Okudah, Brown for just two picks until we're on the clock. Maybe even Ruggs and/or Lamb goes, or even Kinlaw. Add in Thomas & Wirfs even as possible guys who go and we've got some serious talent sitting there at 10, maybe even possible to trade down a few picks and still get a blue-chip with some compensation. Shoot, maybe pick 10 becomes pick 13--Brown--and 67--Mims.

Man.... if Jordan Love and Justin Herbert go op-9 there'd be no bigger winner than the Browns though I'm still skeptical whether or not they go top 10.

As much as I and I'm sure teams love how Jeudy and Lamb went off yesterday, it's going to be hard to turn a WR card in top 10 given the depth of the position group.

Anxiety can end??! Not quite.

The Top-8 Locks -- Joe Burrow, Chase Young, Tua Tagovailoa, Jeffrey Okudah, Isaiah Simmons, Wills Jr., Derrick Brown, Mekhi Becton

Probable Top-9 -- Justin Herbert

Unlikely Top-9 Wildcard -- Jordan Love

Likely The Browns Options at 10 -- Tristan WIrfs, Andrew Thomas, Javon Kinlaw, CeeDee Lamb, Jerry Jeudy, or Trade Down

Unlikely Browns Wildcard -- AJ Epenesa; Josh Jones (not my guy at all but could be Berry and co's)

Those top-8 locks are notch above the options we'll likely be able to consider.

With Kinlaw already battling chronic tendinitis, that could be a medical flag that impacts his longterm viability. I'd bet on Wirfs' skill as a Guard, but he's not the sure-fire talent I once thought. We wouldn't take Lamb or Jeudy. Andrew Thomas with the high-cheeks factor means that It's Wirfs or Trade Down most likely.

The only question is trade down for what player in mind? AJ Epenesa? A combo of Multiple players with 1 (Josh Jones) in the 1st round and another in the 2nd (Cole Kmet)?

Until I see that K'lavon Chaisson's name or Grant Delpit's name doesn't flash across the screen on draft day there's no certain relief that all is well.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Has nothing to do with combine results. Absolutely zero.

Instead, it has everything to do with my realization regarding the true nature of this roster and how many holes we have to fill before being able to compete at a high level.

Ultimately, that realization has led me to believe we're not in a window, but can get there in 2 to 3 years.

In two to three years, OBJ and Jarvis will be 30 and 31 and either will be on expiring contracts or lacking in trade value.

Our Roster Holes:

1.) No Safeties,

2.) No complimentary DE-pass rusher,

3.) No High Quality LBs once Schobert likely isn't resigned

4.) No High Quality interior Run Stoppers and interior pass rushers at DT

5.) No Left Tackle,

6.) No Right Tackle

7.) No Right Guard

8.) No Hybrid TE

Those are all major holes. The likes of which plugging through FA and the Draft doesn't put us in a window. At least not yet.

So, trading Jarvis and OBJ in a year where the young impact WR talent is overflowing resets the sustainable winning window so that 3 years from now instead of having skill players that will be leaving the team we'll have foundational young pieces to continue building out with.

Thus, turning OBJ and Jarvis into Henry Ruggs and Denzel Mims would be trading elite level talents for young high quality talents that could be apart of the franchise and sustained winning for many many years to come instead of 2 to 3 more years at best.

I like the way you think!

Do not think we would get that much, though, for OBJ and Juice

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Man.... if Jordan Love and Justin Herbert go op-9 there'd be no bigger winner than the Browns though I'm still skeptical whether or not they go top 10.

At least one does, probably both. Book it.

As much as I and I'm sure teams love how Jeudy and Lamb went off yesterday, it's going to be hard to turn a WR card in top 10 given the depth of the position group.

Of course, but most years these guys are both going top-10. They are both franchise WR1's. I believe at least one WR goes before we pick.

Anxiety can end??! Not quite.

@Mind CharacterC's ff fortune cookie.

The Top-8 Locks -- Joe Burrow, Chase Young, Tua Tagovailoa, Jeffrey Okudah, Isaiah Simmons, Wills Jr., Derrick Brown, Mekhi Becton

Agree to disagree. I agree that all of these guys, maybe not Becton, should be top-10 locks, but I really don't believe they all are. Simmons is phenomenal but plays a less valuable position. Brown might get passed on for a team trading down happy to grab Kinlaw around 15. Or maybe others like a lot of the 2nd round CB talent and would rather go line than Okudah. Four QB's in the top-10 is looking more possible by the day. 

tl;dr devil's advocate

Probable Top-9 -- Justin Herbert

Unlikely Top-9 Wildcard -- Jordan Love

Sounds about right.

Likely The Browns Options at 10 -- Tristan Wirfs, Andrew Thomas, Javon Kinlaw, CeeDee Lamb, Jerry Jeudy, or Trade Down

Any of these guys could go before us, even if it's not probable, but even if two of them go, say Jeudy and Wirfs, then that pushes guys down.

Unlikely Browns Wildcard -- AJ Epenesa; Josh Jones (not my guy at all but could be Berry and co's)

😠😡😤

This would be trade-down for garbage all over again. I wouldn't take him in the first and definitely not top-20. He's just too raw.

With Kinlaw already battling chronic tendinitis, that could be a medical flag that impacts his longterm viability.

I hadn't heard this. Dang.

The only question is trade down for what player in mind? AJ Epenesa? 

I'm down, if we get killer compensation.

Until I see that K'lavon Chaisson's name or Grant Delpit's name doesn't flash across the screen on draft day there's no certain relief that all is well.

😬😬😬

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I'm jealous man... you guys have a really good thread going here. Great read.

Hop aboard now; it's going to be a thrilling ride. There is a Browns fan introduction thread. Go ahead and answer some silly questions about yourself and we'll welcome you in with open arms. You would balance out the knucklehead we lost.

• Like 1