2020 NFL Combine Noteworthy Results & Talk

Mind Character

14 hours ago, Mind Character said:

At the end of the day, I don't think Andrew Berry this offseason and the next is going to be able to put together through the draft and free agency a late playoff push competitive roster. I think we're 3 years away from that type of sustainable winning. Dorsey tried to accelerate the timeline and window, but we're a long way off.. longer than any of us wanted to realize.

This is the main point of my The Whole is Less than the Sum of it Parts surveys.

I think the results show that many here overvalue our parts and, as a result, see a greater whole than the parts add up to (i.e., They do not see a 6-10 team, which is what we are).

I will run the numbers and report.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I can't wait for us to trade down at 10 for 14, 3rd and 6th so TB can grab Love/Herbert, we grab Andrew Thomas and @Mind Character explodes.

If we grab Thomas, the prophecy is fulfilled: another decade of All-Pro Thomas at LT, Georgia connection for our franchise back, and I even begrudgingly re-sign Chubb when his rookie contract is up.

Edited by NudeTayne
High cheekbone-factor
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, bruceb said:

This is the main point of my The Whole is Less than the Sum of it Parts surveys.

I think the results show that many here overvalue our parts and, as a result, see a greater whole than the parts add up to (i.e., They do not see a 6-10 team, which is what we are).

I will run the numbers and report.

It was your Thread that was the catalyst for my alternative reflections about where the roster truly is in terms of achieving sustainable winning and how far away the Browns might be even if Andrew Berry makes mostly good to great strategic decisions going forward.

We're still at the beginning of the climb up the mountain of sustainable competitive winning whereas all of us for various reasons were lured into believing we had made real progress in an ascent.

We're still in a much better place then we were a few years ago when we weren't even prepared to climb because we couldn't even tie our shoes.

The good news is there's power in coaching that can spark positive cultural change and be the thread that weaves all the parts together to a better whole.

These free agency decisions and draft decisions... these off-season preparations, trainings, and development ... these coaching and culture building plans .... it can't be emphasized enough the critical phase that the organization is entering in.

Here's to hoping they can make it count.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Holy isht, Batman, than is less than the 18% butter fat in Ben and Jerry's double chocolate fudge ice cream!

And he doesn't use corn syrup or vote in favor of not labeling genetically-engineered ingredients. He's just better in every way than that garbage.

39 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Madness ...

Nigh...

34 minutes ago, bruceb said:

So we have another decade of suck?

Objection: leading the witness.

28 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Depends what our midget does. 

Top notch.

Also will accept: @webby

6 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

That's faster then, Joe Thomas 

@Mind Character double nigh...

Also will accept: who you calling Joe Thomas, jive turkey?

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 3