2020 MOCK OFF-SEASON V2

BayBubbPackFan

Just a quick off-season during the Combine.

Still working with the $13.85mil in Cap Space as my V1 Mock.

Team Internal:

Cuts-

Lane Taylor: Has been a great asset for Green Bay, but his time has passed.

Jimmy Graham: Father Time has completly caught up with him, and time to move on.

CAP SPACE: $26.06mil

Retain-

**(Complete) Mason Crosby: (3yr for $12.9mil) $4.3mil average. First year cap hit of $4mil. 

Bryan Bulaga: (3yr for $32mil) $10.6mil average. First year cap hit of $5.5mil. It is essntially a two year deal, most of the cap hit in the third year. 

Tramon Williams: (1yr for $3.5mil) A $2mil cap hit. Played well, provides depth and leadership. 

Tyler Ervin: (1yr for $1mil) A $885K cap hit. Cannot afford to let him go, for our Special Teams sake.

All RFA and ERFA are retained: ($1mil cap hit)

CAP SPACE: $13.375mil

Extensions:

Kenny Clark: (5yr for $70mil) A $14mil average. First year cap hit of $7mil, savings of $690,000 for 2020 cap.

David Bakhtiari: (4yr for $70mil) Making his new contract 5yr for $84.7mil. First year cap hit of $12mil, savings of $2.7mil for 2020 cap.

CAP SPACE: $16.765mil

Free Agency:

Jordan Phillips, DL: (1yr for $8mil) $5mil Cap Hit.  A prove it deal. Had 9.5 sacks with the Bills last year, provides that interior pass rush next to Kenny Clark.

That is all for free agency! One move to bolster the trenches.  

CAP SPACE: $11.765mil

DRAFT:

1) TRADE: The Colts trade #34 and a 4th Rounder for #30. They grab a QB to groom. 

2A) AJ Terrell, CB Clemson: Another CB! Yes, who knows if we will extend Kevin King, and Terrell is a good fit.

2A) Chase Claypool, WR Notre Dame: Big, Explosive, Fast! A great fit as a #2 behind Devante.  

3) Matt Peart, OT Connecticut: Played mostly right tackle in college, but should be able to play both if needed. Bulaga's replacement.  

4A) Adam Trautman, TE Dayton: Comes in as the blocking TE to Sternberger's movement.

4B) Khalid Kareem, DE/OLB Notre Dame: Depth, another strong outside defender who can get to the quarterback. 

5)Lynn Bowden, WR Kentucky:  Slot WR. That is versitile and can move. 

6a) Reggie Floyd, S Virginia Tech: Big player that could fill the S/LB role.

6b) AJ Dillon, RB Boston College: Falls a bit and we snag him up. Big bruiser, that reads blocks well. Can be put in as a full back as well. Diversity.

6C) Logan Wilson, ILB Wyoming: A sleeper pick. Faster than people think, just needs a year to adjust to the NFL.

7a) Darryl Williams, C/G Mississippi State: Developmental. Lack of size and movement skill make him drop.

7b) James Morgan, QB FIU: Developmental.

It will take about $4mil to sign the Draft Class.

CAP SPACE: $7.765mil

• Like 1

Thoughtful draft! Some really interesting picks like Claypool, Peart, Trautman and Bowden which exactly fit some of my thoughts. Just for the sake of argument, you might want to save some cap money and think about a DT pick like Raekwon Davis or Ross Blalock in Round One. For me, I like someone like Tony Pride of Notre Dame a little later in the draft. Another idea I am kicking around--and staying with your tradeback move-- is to consider a WR like Denzel Mims a little into Round Two. I see you plan on keeping Blake Martinez, but again you might want to consider a draft pick instead due to the financial cost and the problems with keeping Bulaga and renewing Clark. I know a popular name for ILB right now is Patrick Queen, but he is bordering on being a bit too light for my taste. I think inside backers can be found in the late third or fourth rounds--guys like Troy Dye and Krys Barnes. Last, I have to give you major points for selecting my favorite Day 3 QB, James Morgan. I brought his name forward a while back, and given his performance tonight at the Combine, I bet he could go late fourth or mid-fifth round. Love to see the Packers get him; I think he is a winner. Good work!

On 2/28/2020 at 1:57 AM, Gypsy1027 said:

Thoughtful draft! Some really interesting picks like Claypool, Peart, Trautman and Bowden which exactly fit some of my thoughts. Just for the sake of argument, you might want to save some cap money and think about a DT pick like Raekwon Davis or Ross Blalock in Round One. For me, I like someone like Tony Pride of Notre Dame a little later in the draft. Another idea I am kicking around--and staying with your tradeback move-- is to consider a WR like Denzel Mims a little into Round Two. I see you plan on keeping Blake Martinez, but again you might want to consider a draft pick instead due to the financial cost and the problems with keeping Bulaga and renewing Clark. I know a popular name for ILB right now is Patrick Queen, but he is bordering on being a bit too light for my taste. I think inside backers can be found in the late third or fourth rounds--guys like Troy Dye and Krys Barnes. Last, I have to give you major points for selecting my favorite Day 3 QB, James Morgan. I brought his name forward a while back, and given his performance tonight at the Combine, I bet he could go late fourth or mid-fifth round. Love to see the Packers get him; I think he is a winner. Good work!

and spend that money at ILB. This scenario creates a planet sized hole at ILB. Oren Burks is a JAG, Ty Summers is a career rotational guy, we don't know if Curtis Bolton can stay healthy nor how he performs against 1's. I do like the mock actually and have no problem going CB in round 2, but you have to flip the two prospects you selected. and use those extra 6ths and 7ths to trade up for a good IDL in the 2nd. Something like the following would be reasonable:

2A. Claypool

2B. Raekwon Davis

2C. Terrell