Deadpulse

1960s Horror  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Best of 1960s

• Psycho
    • Rosemary's Baby
    • Night of the Living Dead

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/29/2020 at 11:00 PM

In this thread we will be deciding the sixth entrant into the FF Best Movie Ever Tournament - Horror movie from the 1960s!

Please see rules at the following thread:

Poll is up and there can only be one! Keep in mind the amount of votes the winner receives will help determine seeding in the bracket, so dont stop voting for the movie you think deserve the spot because its winning by a landslide, your vote will still count! Polling will close Saturday, 2/29/2020 at 6pm EST. 

@Calvert28 @THE DUKE @FinneasGage @FourThreeMafia  @Dome @The Orca @August4th @thrILL! @Malfatron @Elky @daboyle250 @rackcs @MikeT14 @Daniel @MWil23 @seminoles1 @scar988 @JoshstraDaymus @JonStark @animaltested @Ozzy @Bullet Club @AlexGreen#20 @Fresh Prince @KManX89 @TENINCH @SlevinKelevra @bucsfan333 @Ray Reed @Bucketheadsdad @kingseanjohn

I rewatched Psycho and I changed my mind.

It helped change horror movies out of the monster movie fad. those movie typically sucks. Now horror movies can be actual great films

also, killing off the lead actress halfway through was brilliant

I still do think NotLD is great, but its not even the best Zombie movie of all time

Psycho is arguably the best slasher movie of all time.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

No. But isn't it the first? Or at least the first good one? One that changed zombies forever?

Is that even saying much though?  Sure created a style of movies with similar subject matter but none of those movies have ultimately been that great.  Yeah got that freaking TV show The Walking Dead which I have never got into, sure that makes it seem zombie stuff is more popular than it actually is.  Either you like it or you do not, and arguably none of the zombie movies has been as popular as that TV show is.  28 Days Later and World War Z are two of the better zombie movies ever I would say, and REC possibly as well which was pretty scary, but not the same type of mass zombie action as in the others. 

Night of the Living Dead gets some props for being the first no doubt but that is why it is clearly #2 and would easily be the winner possibly without Psycho in the mix.  If one likes zombie movies all the ones since Night of the Living Dead I am sure are great, but honestly how many times can that be done over and over again?  Massive amount of humans walking towards you trying to kill you and eat you, now they just move faster and you can always freely kill them like in Doom...  Yeah it has been done a ton and ultimately gets old I say.

21 hours ago, Malfatron said:

I rewatched Psycho and I changed my mind.

It helped change horror movies out of the monster movie fad. those movie typically sucks. Now horror movies can be actual great films

also, killing off the lead actress halfway through was brilliant

I still do think NotLD is great, but its not even the best Zombie movie of all time

Psycho is arguably the best slasher movie of all time.

Very true, if Night of the Living Dead kind of created its own thing, Psycho did as well with the slasher film.  

That is why I like The Texas Chainsaw Massacre so much I think.  Just replaced the knife with a sweet chainsaw!  All of these are slasher films and are all pretty great horror movies especially the top ones.  

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
A Nightmare on Elm Street
Halloween
Friday the 13th
Candyman
Scream
It Follows
I Know What You Did Last Summer
Happy Death Day
Alice Sweet Alice

Hell The Shining one could maybe consider a slasher as well.

PS Sucks they are remaking Candyman, the 1992 version looks way better than this remake obviously done by Jordan Peele.  Trailer looks like crap and looks like a worse story than the original, I thought Peele was a writer so why is he using that old material I wonder?  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Sucks they are remaking Candyman, the 1992 version looks way better than this remake obviously done by Jordan Peele.  Trailer looks like crap and looks like a worse story than the original, I thought Peele was a writer so why is he using that old material I wonder?  

the CGI makes it lose a lot of menace.

The OG Candyman movie had some intentionally funny moments (a plus for me!) but they used real bees.