Jalen Ramsey Appreciation Thread

pwny

1 hour ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Me too. I really hope that he is a Jaguar for life. He legitimately has HOF potential, imo.

Definitely a thread that needed to happen, imo.

Yup, he better be. Give him whatever he wants when he becomes an FA if he continues to do what he has done with the arrow pointing up.

He makes watching the Jaguars on Sunday so much easier. Really hope Bouye can be his 1b this year and we can have a CB tandem potentially locked down for the next several years. 

Also, with the addition of Calais Campbell and Abry Jones taking off last year, I'm pretty excited to see what this DL can do. Malik Jackson was already suffocating the pocket quite often last year as was Ngakoue as a rookie. Get a top end DL in Campbell in there as well and turnovers should be well on there way. We always get overhyped, but I do think this defense is for real if Campbell has a smooth transition as does Bouye. TBD.

11 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

That player swap thread in General was hard for me to swap defensive players with the Colts and Titans, because both were pretty much downgrades/uncertainties. This defense has the potential to be really good.

Unless someone drastically falls off, I don't know how we aren't a legit top 8-10 defense. Last year we were technically 5th or whatever, but watching the games it was obvious we weren't a top 5 defense.

Ramsey-Gip-Church-Bouye

Poz-Jack-Telvin

Ngakoue-Abry-Malik-Calais

Like that is just oozing in talent. I'm hoping we get it figured out with Gip. He was very good in CLE. If he can come even close to what he was there it would do wonders.

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Unless someone drastically falls off, I don't know how we aren't a legit top 8-10 defense. Last year we were technically 5th or whatever, but watching the games it was obvious we weren't a top 5 defense.

My concern is that this defense maybe wasn't anywhere near as good as the stats said. Like a few years ago when they had that 12 game stretch where they were the 6th best defense statistically, it was more a product of teams not pressing to score rather than defensive prowess. I wonder how much that might change should Fournette and the growth of the pass game give enough life to the offense to justify other teams pressing to score more against us.

I hope that isn't the case, but I think it's something we should be cognizant of.

7 minutes ago, iPwn said:

My concern is that this defense maybe wasn't anywhere near as good as the stats said. Like a few years ago when they had that 12 game stretch where they were the 6th best defense statistically, it was more a product of teams not pressing to score rather than defensive prowess. I wonder how much that might change should Fournette and the growth of the pass game give enough life to the offense to justify other teams pressing to score more against us.

I hope that isn't the case, but I think it's something we should be cognizant of.

Although that is true, was pretty evident that we have some serious cogs on defense at every level. Safety (both spots) are question marks until we see what we do with Gip and Church, but Ramsey was an absolute stud as all know. Bouye tbd. Colvin is a solid slot guy.

At LB, Telvin is obviously a beast. Jack showed some flashes but wasn't on the field enough to get a good read while also playing a position that makes it difficult to show that much. Poz is a beast in the run game, but obviously we'll see how he does with the position switch.

Ngakoue was pretty much everything you could have hoped for from a rookie DE, especially in rd 3. Abry Jones took a large step and was straight up dominant in patches of the season. Malik Jackson played like he was worth that mega contract. Calais Campbell is one of the best DL in the NFL.

IDK, it's just on paper and obviously they have to perform but the potential is there to be a top end unit I would think. Guess we'll just have to wait and see though.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Bad meets Evil said:

giphy.gif

My favorite play. 

I love this play because after he tips the pass and it gets intercepted, he gets up runs out in front and throws a block and then gets right back up to throw another block. This dude. I was at this game and that's also the game I took my profile picture. 

Archived