Jalen Ramsey Appreciation Thread

pwny

8 hours ago, Jags said:

I love this play because after he tips the pass and it gets intercepted, he gets up runs out in front and throws a block and then gets right back up to throw another block. This dude. I was at this game and that's also the game I took my profile picture. 

Yea it is a great play to see. Hopefully he keeps playing with that fire

• 1 month later...
Just now, .Buzz said:

Yeah, playing in one of the top 3-5 secondaries in football blows. Bet he can't wait to get out of that wasteland.

If this team doesn’t become a perennial playoff team/Super Bowl contender, he’s gonna leave. He won’t put up with mediocrity and “maybe things will be better”. He expects excellence from himself and everyone around him. We’ve talked about ARob and Telvin and how they might view this team with their contract situations, but it’s obvious with Jalen. If we don’t get a good QB and we don’t win our division and push for the Super Bowl at least the last two seasons of his contract, the only thing that could keep him here is the Franchise tag.

Win or he’s gone, because he won’t put up with those around him not being great.

2 minutes ago, iPwn said:

If this team doesn’t become a perennial playoff team/Super Bowl contender, he’s gonna leave. He won’t put up with mediocrity and “maybe things will be better”. He expects excellence from himself and everyone around him. We’ve talked about ARob and Telvin and how they might view this team with their contract situations, but it’s obvious with Jalen. If we don’t get a good QB and we don’t win our division and push for the Super Bowl at least the last two seasons of his contract, the only thing that could keep him here is the Franchise tag.

Win or he’s gone, because he won’t put up with those around him not being great.

You say this but elite top level corners rarely leave their team for this. Im noy buying it.

Just now, .Buzz said:

You say this but elite top level corners rarely leave their team for this. Im noy buying it.

Jalen’s position has nothing to do with his attitude and expectations of those around him. His attitude is what drives him, not his position. He has the same attitude as Deion. He won’t put up with losing or not being a part of something great.

He hates Blake as a person because Blake isn’t good at football. Blake is one of the coolest dudes in football, and Jalen can’t stand him simply because of his on field ability. He was the only player on the entire team that hated Gus. 

He’s shown in the way he talks, interacts with others and how he behaves that he’s driven by an insatiable desire to be a part of something legendary. And if the Jaguars can’t provide that, he’s not going to stay.

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

If we pay him like he should be and theres talent/we're competitive he isnt leaving imo. 

If we’re winning our division and challenging for a title, yes. Anything less than that, he’s gone. He cares far more about success than anything else. He won’t stick around if the team isn’t as good as he believes someone of his ability should have to play for.

I’m not saying we have to be the Patriots, but we need a couple title contention seasons and probably at least a trip to the AFC Championship if we’re going to keep him. He won’t settle for this “next year” garbage.

1 hour ago, iPwn said:

Jalen’s position has nothing to do with his attitude and expectations of those around him. His attitude is what drives him, not his position. He has the same attitude as Deion. He won’t put up with losing or not being a part of something great.

He hates Blake as a person because Blake isn’t good at football. Blake is one of the coolest dudes in football, and Jalen can’t stand him simply because of his on field ability. He was the only player on the entire team that hated Gus. 

He’s shown in the way he talks, interacts with others and how he behaves that he’s driven by an insatiable desire to be a part of something legendary. And if the Jaguars can’t provide that, he’s not going to stay.

If we’re winning our division and challenging for a title, yes. Anything less than that, he’s gone. He cares far more about success than anything else. He won’t stick around if the team isn’t as good as he believes someone of his ability should have to play for.

I’m not saying we have to be the Patriots, but we need a couple title contention seasons and probably at least a trip to the AFC Championship if we’re going to keep him. He won’t settle for this “next year” garbage.

1) I agree that Jalen has a win at all costs attitude, but you don't think some of these other guys across the league have similar mindsets? If we bomb the rest of the year and win 4-5 games and it continues next year of course I'll be worried and could see it. But if we're competitive (7+ wins) and that secondary continues to ball, I really am not worried in the least. I really don't see us keeping Blake past this season which as you said, it doesn't seem like he cares for him (who realistically does? He's awful). If we show the necessary steps of trying to compete/make changes to better the team as we have I really am not worried.

2) I agree with the latter points as I said above pretty much. If we continue picking top 5 than I guess I'd agree, but if we're competitive (which I think we're both getting at), than this guy will be here long term. I cant imagine we don't tag the hell out of him if he won't sign long-term here in the case that we go back to being the whipping boy at the bottom of the league, but still.

19 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

1) I agree that Jalen has a win at all costs attitude, but you don't think some of these other guys across the league have similar mindsets?

I do. Which is why guys take lesser deals than they can get elsewhere to go play for the Patriots. Lots of guys have other things that get in the way of their drive. Friendship, comradery, love of money, etc. Jalen seems solely driven by the desire to be a part of something great.

Just now, iPwn said:

I do. Which is why guys take lesser deals than they can get elsewhere to go play for the Patriots. M

The list isn't that long, those are generally players that have been in the league for a while/not right after a rookie contract. Not top 3-5 players at their position heading into their prime.

Just now, .Buzz said:

The list isn't that long, those are generally players that have been in the league for a while/not right after a rookie contract. Not top 3-5 players at their position heading into their prime.

This is true. I’d also argue that those players in general are rare to be driven solely by that type of attitude. I hit enter before I finished my thought, but most other guys have other driving factors. Friendships, comradery, money, etc. Jalen seems the rare type solely driven by a desire to be a part of something great that doesn’t let those things get “in the way” of that sole desire. If you aren’t helping him achieve that greatness, he doesn’t like you.

Jalen is the only player that has ever played for the Jaguars that I would classify as having that single-minded vision to this extent.

He’s different. We keep saying this, but he brings an attitude that’s different than anything else this team has ever seen in a player. This drive could be what takes him from a “top tier CB of this generation” to a top 5 all time type great. But we have to give him reason to stay if he’s going to.

Archived