Jalen Ramsey Appreciation Thread

pwny

Just now, iPwn said:

This is true. I’d also argue that those players in general are rare to be driven solely by that type of attitude. I hit enter before I finished my thought, but most other guys have other driving factors. Friendships, comradery, money, etc. Jalen seems the rare type solely driven by a desire to be a part of something great that doesn’t let those things get “in the way” of that sole desire. If you aren’t helping him achieve that greatness, he doesn’t like you.

Jalen is the only player that has ever played for the Jaguars that I would classify as having that single-minded vision to this extent.

He’s different. We keep saying this, but he brings an attitude that’s different than anything else this team has ever seen in a player. This drive could be what takes him from a “top tier CB of this generation” to a top 5 all time type great. But we have to give him reason to stay if he’s going to.

Yup, I'm with you. I guess I'm just clinging to the notion that him and Bouye have grown SOOO close (both of them say the other is the greatest constantly) and that unit just seems like such a close knit group of guys. With all the success that they're having right now, I feel like that is going to go a long way in helping him stay. The amount of excitement each of those guys have/celebrations they have when one of the other guys makes a play is just awesome. Plus, we're finally generating a pretty consistent rush to finally help him (which he didn't have last year and still balled out).

So far so good this year, just have to hope it continues. Luckily the schedule should help a little bit, but it's going to be hard to keep winning if our QB throws for sub-100 yards and causes teams to stack the boxes against the only competent part of our offense. Can't keep having consistent success off our defense scoring multiple TD's a game/putting the offense in terrific field position from turnovers. You just aren't going to get that every game regardless of how great that unit is playing.

I don’t really think you need to cling to a notion. This is second year, and they’ll obviously exercise his 5th year option. Three seasons after this one to where they’ll have to be at a point that they’re playing like a title contender. If they don’t get to that point by that time, there’s going to be a lot more to worry about than just Jalen’s contract and why he wants out after another 4 failed seasons.

Archived