EliteTexan80

Texans release WR Jaelen Strong

1 minute ago, OleXmad said:

It's almost like he sucked or something. 

Don't get me wrong - he did. It's just strange. Our WR depth chart now reads Hopkins, Braxton Miller, Tyler Ervin (a RB) and Andy Jones (UDFA picked up off of the Dallas PS). Will Fuller is still recovering from a broken collarbone (or is he?)

I'm honestly thinking there might be a failed drug test in here. Strong was suspended from the opener for a pot arrest a year ago...but I'd be pretty upset as well, as Strong had a zero strike policy after his suspension, but ILB Brian Cushing is still under contract with his roiding history.

I actually wondered when this was coming since it was announced that he was suspended. Been in BOB's doghouse since he was drafted it seemed like. 

8 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Don't get me wrong - he did. It's just strange. Our WR depth chart now reads Hopkins, Braxton Miller, Tyler Ervin (a RB) and Andy Jones (UDFA picked up off of the Dallas PS). Will Fuller is still recovering from a broken collarbone (or is he?)

Edit - Bruce Ellington, too! He's here!

I'm honestly thinking there might be a failed drug test in here. Strong was suspended from the opener for a pot arrest a year ago...but I'd be pretty upset as well, as Strong had a zero strike policy after his suspension, but ILB Brian Cushing is still under contract with his roiding history.

26 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

Another sad day in the reign of Bill O'Brien. 

cant wait till this moron gets canned. watch strong be good somewhere else.

He may suck, but considering the bears depth at WR they can't afford to not strongly look at bringing him in.

17 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

He may suck, but considering the bears depth at WR they can't afford to not strongly look at bringing him in.

Sorry, he's probably headed to New England. Has little to do with their need at WR, has everything to do with a Week 3 gameplan.

Not that Belly needs an inside look at the Texans offense, but he's not one to turn down free intel.

35 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

belichick_header.jpg

Wouldn't mind bringing him to the Lions to compete with Kenny Golladay and T.J. Jones for the 3rd/4th WR spot. 

2 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

He won't be. He's just not the type of WR that succeeds in the NFL (outside of New Orleans and maybe Carolina).