Texans release WR Jaelen Strong

ET80

1 minute ago, OleXmad said:

It's almost like he sucked or something. 

Don't get me wrong - he did. It's just strange. Our WR depth chart now reads Hopkins, Braxton Miller, Tyler Ervin (a RB) and Andy Jones (UDFA picked up off of the Dallas PS). Will Fuller is still recovering from a broken collarbone (or is he?)

I'm honestly thinking there might be a failed drug test in here. Strong was suspended from the opener for a pot arrest a year ago...but I'd be pretty upset as well, as Strong had a zero strike policy after his suspension, but ILB Brian Cushing is still under contract with his roiding history.

8 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Don't get me wrong - he did. It's just strange. Our WR depth chart now reads Hopkins, Braxton Miller, Tyler Ervin (a RB) and Andy Jones (UDFA picked up off of the Dallas PS). Will Fuller is still recovering from a broken collarbone (or is he?)

Edit - Bruce Ellington, too! He's here!

I'm honestly thinking there might be a failed drug test in here. Strong was suspended from the opener for a pot arrest a year ago...but I'd be pretty upset as well, as Strong had a zero strike policy after his suspension, but ILB Brian Cushing is still under contract with his roiding history.

17 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

He may suck, but considering the bears depth at WR they can't afford to not strongly look at bringing him in.

Sorry, he's probably headed to New England. Has little to do with their need at WR, has everything to do with a Week 3 gameplan.

Not that Belly needs an inside look at the Texans offense, but he's not one to turn down free intel.

Archived