Texans release WR Jaelen Strong

ET80

3 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Called his bustage. He ran really fast, but he didn't play fast at all. There was no rhythm or quickness to his routes.

I knew I wasn't alone in this.  He was one of those perfect examples that long speed doesn't not automatically equal great separation ability.  In fact, the fact that he had good long speed and still struggled with separate was really what was setting off alarms for me.

On 9/19/2017 at 8:03 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

Is brock the bar now though :( ?

Yes and no - yes because the offense has always been the issue in Houston. This offense hasn't put together a string of decent games since 2012, when Schaub, Johnson and Foster were the anchors.

Now because the division got better, a slight improvement on offense wouldn't be enough. It had to be a significant upgrade on offense, and this current OL isn't going to afford that for anyone.

On 9/19/2017 at 6:36 PM, The LBC said:

I knew I wasn't alone in this.  He was one of those perfect examples that long speed doesn't not automatically equal great separation ability.  In fact, the fact that he had good long speed and still struggled with separate was really what was setting off alarms for me.

Exactly like Matt Jones

22 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

He'll make it on another team as a #4 WR. Can he play special teams?

Nope, which is why no effort was made to make something out of this guy. He's a very poor man's Alshon Jeffery, a guy who is good on 50/50 jump balls, and that's about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived