BayRaider 2020 Mock Off Season

BayRaider

Sign:

- QB Tom Brady - 2 years, 62M, fully guaranteed. 32M this year, 30M next season. 

- Trade QB Derek Carr to TB for their 2nd Round Pick. Let’s face facts, Carr is a terrible fit on NE and Chi. The only two options are Ind and TB. And I’d rather trade him out of conference. Plus it’ll be an easy trade cause Gruden knows all the high ups in Tampa. Just gotta give them a call. He can even recommend Derek places to live...

- Sign CB Byron Jones. 4 years 64M, 48M guaranteed (first 3 years). 16M cap hit. 

Those are our two big splashes in FA. A couple small ones I’m sure. 

Draft: 

Full Draft:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/mockdraft/2ZSqAfuRxC

Raiders Picks:

Pick 12: LB Isaiah Simmons - Clemson
Pick 19: WR Henry Ruggs III - Alabama

Pick 45: QB Jake Fromm - Georgia

3rd Round 1/3: CB Darnay Holmes - UCLA (has all the makings to be a stud nickel corner)

Alternate Mock: 

Pick 12: WR Jerry Jeudy - Alabama

Pick 19: LB Patrick Queen - LSU

Pick 45: QB Jacob Eason - Washington

Raiders Depth Chart: 

QB1: Tom Brady

QB2: Jake Fromm

RB: Josh Jacobs

Shotgun Back: Jalen Richard

Starting WR’s: Henry Ruggs III, Tyrell Williams

Slot WR: Hunter Renfrow

Starring TEs: Darren Waller, Foster Moreau

Offensive Line: Virtually the same. Although I could see us trade Gabe for a 5th for cap space and draft a new OG starter in the 3rd Round. 

EDGE’s: Maxx Crosby, Clelin Ferrell

Defensive Tackle’s: Maurice Hurst, Johnathan Hankins, PJ Hall

Linebackers: Isaiah Simmons, Tahir Whitehead, Nicholas Morrow

Starting Cornerbacks: Byron Jones, Trayvon Mullen

Nickel Corner: Darnay Holmes

Safetys: Lamarcus Joyner, Jonathan Abram

Let’s hope all our young defense take a step forward in Maxx, Ferrell, Mullen, and Abram. 

Raider Nation.... let’s go out and win a f***ing championship... cause why the f*** not US? Let’s GO!!!

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Linebackers: Isaiah Simmons, Tahir Whitehead, Nicholas Morrow

Don’t you think we will add more than just Simmons this offseason? Because that LBer core is still awful. 1 star and 2 bums found under an overpass and put into Raider uniforms doesn’t inspire hope. I’ll agree that Morrow showed some promise last season but when your entire defense is a steaming pile and you looked alright doesn’t make you good. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

Don’t you think we will add more than just Simmons this offseason? Because that LBer core is still awful. 1 star and 2 bums found under an overpass and put into Raider uniforms doesn’t inspire hope. I’ll agree that Morrow showed some promise last season but when your entire defense is a steaming pile and you looked alright doesn’t make you good. 

I’d like to sign Blake Martinez but not sure we’ll have the cap room. LB is always razor thin in FA and the draft every year. 

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Let’s face facts, Carr is a terrible fit on NE and Chi. The only two options are Ind and TB. And I’d rather trade him out of conference. Plus it’ll be an easy trade cause Gruden knows all the high ups in Tampa. Just gotta give them a call.

Carr is a terrible fit for Bruce Arians offense which demands you hang in the pocket and get the ball vertical. Square peg, round hole.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Totty said:

Fromm is poop

We live in a world of hyperbole.....

Trump is “literally Hitler”

Carr is horrible

Fromm is poop (Edit: originally pop)

Its not even an attack on you Totty, whose I think is a great poster, it’s just this board in general.

Edited by jimkelly02

23 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

We live in a world of hyperbole.....

Trump is “literally Hitler”

Carr is horrible

Fromm is poop (Edit: originally pop)

Its not even an attack on you Totty, whose I think is a great poster, it’s just this board in general.

Yeah I could never think the guy was a walking pile of dog feces.  I just think he sucks.  That's all. 

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Welp, Simmons to 12 is a no go now. Thought it was highly realistic before his combine considering Panthers could land Okudah or Brown and the Jaguars have more pressing needs like DT. 

He's a top 3 overall player in the draft. Maybe #1. It was never realistic at all. 

About as realistic as Carr fitting a Bruce Arians offense you've yet to address. 

10 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

He's a top 3 overall player in the draft. Maybe #1. It was never realistic at all. 

About as realistic as Carr fitting a Bruce Arians offense you've yet to address. 

Lol Top 3 overall player in the draft and possibly #1. You are smoking some good weed. Simmons won’t go before Pick 7, and I say there’s a 80% chance he won’t go before Pick 9. Jags at 9 is his likely spot. Another one of your terrible takes as always.