BayRaider 2020 Mock Off Season

BayRaider

10 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

I actually think he would be an TB with Bruce. He has the arm to play for Bruce and will trust Evans and Godwin. 

Carr doesn't hang in the pocket. Arians QBs have to be able to take a deep drop and let things develop. That isn't Carr's strong point.

Plus.... Jamis >>>> Carr. Why would they downgrade the position and start from scratch with a QB learning his system.

10 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

I entertained you. Carr isn't going anywhere. Mayock and Gruden can't be any more clear about that.

The comments about upgrading the position is not about upgrading Carr, it's about upgrading his backup.  

Based on the comments and prospects they are looking at, this rings true.

Just now, big_palooka said:

Carr doesn't hang in the pocket. Arians QBs have to be able to take a deep drop and let things develop. That isn't Carr's strong point.

Plus.... Jamis >>>> Carr. Why would they downgrade the position and start from scratch with a QB learning his system.

That is a fallacy. Carr is a gamer. Gruden runs a quick strike offense. Musgrave runs an offense closer to Arians and that was Carr's most productive year. 

Jameis Winston sucks. Winston would be lucky to backup Carr. Winston is trash. 

11 hours ago, BayRaider said:

You constantly made a mockery of my Carr to TB trade to ridiculous proportions, yet: 

Allbright is basing this on his 2016 season in which Musgrave had more vertical concepts for Carr. BUT... you of all people constantly bang the "he's not the same QB he was in 2016" drum, so you would support that though process, correct?

Or we can just take this quote from Bruce Arians:

“I love Derek Carr but he makes decisions that make you go ‘What the flip?'”

10 hours ago, BayRaider said:

BP has become to biggest s*** poster in this subforum. Literally, HB’s posts have become more valuable. I don’t know what happened to this dude. His wife musta cheated on him or something. 

Funny.... nobody agrees with you, but my DMs are full of people who have opinions on you.

10 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Though I hate your comments sometimes I still respect your ability to argue your point.  So there’s no need to speak like that.

It's all good. He's an internet tough guy, we know who these guys are in real life. Hide behind a keyboard taking shots at the Carr's constantly, but would be right there getting a jersey autographed before saying it to any of their faces in person.

12 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

That is a fallacy. Carr is a gamer. Gruden runs a quick strike offense. Musgrave runs an offense closer to Arians and that was Carr's most productive year. 

Jameis Winston sucks. Winston would be lucky to backup Carr. Winston is trash. 

I won't argue that difference of opinion. You think Carr is better than Mahomes which is mind numbing.... You're a Carr guy and I respect that. I was a Carr guy, but he's got my on the fence now. Minus the turnovers Winston put together a heck of a season as a passer. Carson Palmer came to his defense saying Arians offense take a year to really nail down, so we will see if he gets that chance to prove himself. 

You don't choose to look at Carr's challenges as a QB. I can only hope you are seeing something none of the rest of us are with him

- DC is a average starting QB when he has no talent around him 15-20 

- DC is a MVP type of player with a good support cast of weapons around him 

- DC isn’t better than Mahomes. Mahomes is the best in the league, and on track to be an all time legend in that system. 

We all need to just let the Past grudges go, stop acting like our opinions are inevitable truths, and learn to disagree with each other without the chippy personal attacks.

it goes both ways, there is no innocent/ guilty party.  The boards quality is going downhill fast. I’m guilty of it too, it’s a snowball affect and it needs to stop ASAP.  Not to sound like a cornball (I’m real life I’d be saying we should line up for fades, then drop the beefs and never talk about it again) but we are all Raider fans at the end of the day.   

Yah, I get attack all the time on here. I learn to just ignore it since the mods never do anything about it. People will just attack posters instead of add any value to a conversation. It’s like people get mad when you have a different opinion, post a thread, or want to talk Raider football. 

4 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Yah, I get attack all the time on here. I learn to just ignore it since the mods never do anything about it. People will just attack posters instead of add any value to a conversation. It’s like people get mad when you have a different opinion, post a thread, or want to talk Raider football. 

It’s simple and It’s starting to seem like the majority of posters are feeling This way: 

the bickering is making This board less enjoyable

Strong even Edgy Opinions are being masquerade’d as facts

anyone who doesn’t accept my facts is a retard.... so let me hit them with a pompous zinger.  Add one to my scorecard!

lets just agree to stop,,, we come here to avoid the PolariZed World/Politics and enjoy another Raiders fans knowledge, opinions, information.

• Like 1

Honestly this happens every time there’s questions around the QB position. 

The great JR debate of 2007

Pryor v. Palmer

Manziel 

The QB position is probably the most sensitive spot on the roster for fans. If you don’t have a top ten guy there’s going to be questions and everyone is going to fight for their opinions on it. We haven’t had this debate very much in the last 6 years because Carr has either been improving or shown that he was the guy. But with a string of sub .500 seasons some in Raider Nation want to see a change But others do not. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Pryor v. Palmer

Manziel 

The QB position is probably the most sensitive spot on the roster for fans. If you don’t have a top ten guy there’s going to be questions and everyone is going to fight for their opinions on it. We haven’t had this debate very much in the last 6 years because Carr has either been improving or shown that he was the guy. But with a string of sub .500 seasons some in Raider Nation want to see a change But others do not. 

Yeah I get it, your right.  The debates great, it’s great to have different opinions, I wouldn’t come here if we all just chanted “Praise Derek Carr, our leader!”.  But we’re not even debating any more, we’re b!+Ching and bickering.  I suppose that happens once all the real information has been used by both sides and were left just trying to “win” the argument with personal beefs.

2 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Pryor v. Palmer

Manziel 

lol... for real. Don't blame the posters, blame this organization for giving us 15+ years of mediocre QB play and losing results. 

But some posters get WAYYY to emotionally attached to their opinions and forego all rationale.  

3 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

It’s simple and It’s starting to seem like the majority of posters are feeling This way: 

the bickering is making This board less enjoyable

Strong even Edgy Opinions are being masquerade’d as facts

anyone who doesn’t accept my facts is a retard.... so let me hit them with a pompous zinger.  Add one to my scorecard!

lets just agree to stop,,, we come here to avoid the PolariZed World/Politics and enjoy another Raiders fans knowledge, opinions, information.

That's twice. Reported.