Jump to content
theJ

Non-Bengal Free Agents

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, theJ said:

I think they have their eyes on the draft.

Maybe but they aren't in a position to be certain of getting one of the first 3 QBs. Either they need to trade up, probably to #3, or they need to risk it, or they need to make a deal ahead of time for Dalton, Cam Newton, Jameis, etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Maybe but they aren't in a position to be certain of getting one of the first 3 QBs. Either they need to trade up, probably to #3, or they need to risk it, or they need to make a deal ahead of time for Dalton, Cam Newton, Jameis, etc. 

I think they ultimately end up with Herbert.  Either at #6, or trading up a spot or two.  This draft won't go QB QB QB.

Plus, the team came out and said today they're riding Tyrod for 2020.  Which i take to me they intend to draft a QB, but aren't saying that in case they don't land one.

They're not trading for Dalton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've come full circle on Dalton now.  Thinking we'd just cut him, to thinking it'd be a late pick, then hearing talk of a day 2 pick, then hoping for a day 3 pick, now back to thinking we'll just cut him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinking we aren't willing to eat any cash on the deal.  Teams have probably struggled to complete a trade without that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Eifert an ok/solid TE still? I know he was very good and injuries kind of knocked him down a peg...

Word has it the Jaguars are trying to bring in him or Delaine Walker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Is Eifert an ok/solid TE still? I know he was very good and injuries kind of knocked him down a peg...

Word has it the Jaguars are trying to bring in him or Delaine Walker.

He's a serviceable receiving TE, but the days of him being an explosive weapon over the middle are gone.  Don't count on him much for blocking either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bengals should re-sign Eifert. This is a thin year at TE in the draft and FA. Or they could trade for a better TE but that seems unlikely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Is Eifert an ok/solid TE still? I know he was very good and injuries kind of knocked him down a peg...

Word has it the Jaguars are trying to bring in him or Delaine Walker.

Eifert has regularly bounced back from injury and been dynamic,  with last year being the exception.  I'm not sure if it's the offense which doesn't require much from the tight end, his low snap count or injury but he just didn't play the same last year.  Honestly,  I think he needs to move on to an offensive system that uses his skills more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

Eifert has regularly bounced back from injury and been dynamic,  with last year being the exception.  I'm not sure if it's the offense which doesn't require much from the tight end, his low snap count or injury but he just didn't play the same last year.  Honestly,  I think he needs to move on to an offensive system that uses his skills more.

I think Jay is trying to get him down here in JAX. We've lacked a receiving threat at TE for a while now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I think Jay is trying to get him down here in JAX. We've lacked a receiving threat at TE for a while now.

I'd be optimistic for him until he proved me wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Not sure if true (though they nailed the Bynes signing), but pretty interesting. Anarumo spent time with both in Miami. Extra edge rushers is always good. Interested to see how Reshad Jones fits - LB or S?

And...

 

Edited by SmittyBacall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope they are right about Dalton.  If we can get a top 200 pick at this point, i'll be thrilled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cameron Wake is past it. Reshad Jones probably is too.  We don't want to be the Redskins of old, signing the stars of 5 years prior. 

 

Bynes is a good signing. We need another veteran LB though. Maybe Nigel Bradham, Pernell McPhee, or Danny Trevathan?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×