Jump to content
theJ

Non-Bengal Free Agents

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, theJ said:

Aka they wanted him to play the slot?

That's my theory. 

Just discussed this in the other thread, but I don't think so.

We have DJ Hayden who's also v good in the slot. Think he's locked in there. Marrone also said following the "agreement of terms" we planned to have him compete outside.

Very odd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's an odd thing.  Kind of feel bad for the dude, missing out on the early free agency because a deal was in place.  Should we give him a one year offer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he's willing to take a 1 year deal again, I'd bet he goes to Minnesota to play for Zimmer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

If he's willing to take a 1 year deal again, I'd bet he goes to Minnesota to play for Zimmer.

Or resign here, then trade Dre to Zimmer.  Heck, trade Dre for a fifth right now whether you get Dennard back or not.  Based on lack of LBs at the moment, it appears we are going heavy nickel a lot anyway.  You can't have enough good tackling CBs in that situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you guys following these pop us twitter accounts?  I Can't decide if they are throwing darts, or are mildly credible.

They claim we are the leaders to trade for Trent Williams.  Claim were releasing Shawn Williams and pursuing Reshod Jones.  If the trade for Williams falls through, we'll sign Jason Peters.  I don't know if we have the Cap, or if any of this is true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, HangOnSloopy said:

Are you guys following these pop us twitter accounts?  I Can't decide if they are throwing darts, or are mildly credible.

They claim we are the leaders to trade for Trent Williams.  Claim were releasing Shawn Williams and pursuing Reshod Jones.  If the trade for Williams falls through, we'll sign Jason Peters.  I don't know if we have the Cap, or if any of this is true.

I tend to ignore them, accounts like those will throw any **** at the wall they even hear a whisper about, even if that whisper is from another bull **** artist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those are probably just rumors. But the Bengals do have plenty of cap space and still have some bad contracts which would allow for more cap space. 

If Washington wants Dalton, trade him for Trent Williams. I'd offer Dre to Minnesota for Kyle Rudolph. Raiders are said to want to trade Gabe Jackson. We should look into that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HangOnSloopy said:

Are you guys following these pop us twitter accounts?  I Can't decide if they are throwing darts, or are mildly credible.

They claim we are the leaders to trade for Trent Williams.  Claim were releasing Shawn Williams and pursuing Reshod Jones.  If the trade for Williams falls through, we'll sign Jason Peters.  I don't know if we have the Cap, or if any of this is true.

Definitely throwing darts.  Bengals have been aggressive, so why not throw up stories linking them to players so if it hits you can take credit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Curious to know what our cap situation is like after these signings and if we move Dalton. I wonder if a player like Clowney would be an option to add or if we are pretty much done. If it were me, I’d clear some cap and try to go after him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

Curious to know what our cap situation is like after these signings and if we move Dalton. I wonder if a player like Clowney would be an option to add or if we are pretty much done. If it were me, I’d clear some cap and try to go after him. 

Over the Cap has us at 7.7m after all the signings have gone through. So 25.4m if we get rid of Dalton 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BengalsBite said:

Over the Cap has us at 7.7m after all the signings have gone through. So 25.4m if we get rid of Dalton 

Which means we'd be capped around 15 mill for Clowney without cutting anyone else.  Burrow will push the rookie money to somewhere around 10 mill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

Curious to know what our cap situation is like after these signings and if we move Dalton. I wonder if a player like Clowney would be an option to add or if we are pretty much done. If it were me, I’d clear some cap and try to go after him. 

I don't think so.  Yes, Dalton's salary for sure won't be on the books for 2020, by beginning of TC.  But, don't forget about the Mixon problem.  He's going to hold out unless they give him an extension, and i'm getting the sense that they're going to do it.

You also have AJ.  Which, if they do get a deal done, likely has a similar cap number to the tag.  But who knows?

I'm also wondering if they'll try to get extensions done for a few other guys who are up after this year.  Huber, Lawson, Erickson, Glasgow, and Harris, to name a few.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, theJ said:

I don't think so.  Yes, Dalton's salary for sure won't be on the books for 2020, by beginning of TC.  But, don't forget about the Mixon problem.  He's going to hold out unless they give him an extension, and i'm getting the sense that they're going to do it.

You also have AJ.  Which, if they do get a deal done, likely has a similar cap number to the tag.  But who knows?

I'm also wondering if they'll try to get extensions done for a few other guys who are up after this year.  Huber, Lawson, Erickson, Glasgow, and Harris, to name a few.

I think they will figure something out with AJ.  I would guess that league might extend the period to extend guys on the tag a bit further so that teams can get a better view of players on the tag, but coming off injuries.

 

Agreed they get Mixon done.  Wondering if Jackson and Lawson get done as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Wondering if Jackson and Lawson get done as well.

These are big question marks to me.  Their inconsistent play and injury history suggest a discount.  But do they agree with a discount?  They both might bet on themselves and try to hit FA next year.

I''d like for them both to be extended, fwiw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, theJ said:

These are big question marks to me.  Their inconsistent play and injury history suggest a discount.  But do they agree with a discount?  They both might bet on themselves and try to hit FA next year.

I''d like for them both to be extended, fwiw.

I definitely agree that WJIII will probably try to bet on himself and maybe we save money to try to extend him during the season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...