Non-Bengal Free Agents

theJ

20 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Did we get duped into thinking they’d spend? Or was this expected for day 1?

I think everything I read was that we’d be active in the 2nd round of FA spending. Was still hoping we’d get 1 big FA. Guess I was just dreaming. Instead of a pick, now that Thuney is tagged, I’d be all for a Dalton for Thuney trade straight up. I’m hoping Brady goes anywhere else other than NE. Lol

23 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

We were lied to and duped.  There haven't even been reports of us being runners up to good players who have signed elsewhere.  Back in the day a Warren Sapp would visit to use our offer to up the bid from the team he actually wanted to sign with. With travel limited this year, I guess there's no need for pretense. 

56 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

We were lied to and duped.  There haven't even been reports of us being runners up to good players who have signed elsewhere.  Back in the day a Warren Sapp would visit to use our offer to up the bid from the team he actually wanted to sign with. With travel limited this year, I guess there's no need for pretense. 

They were never going to sign anyone day one. Anyone who insinuated that did dupe you. 

Ok, but what are their plans to upgrade the O-line before drafting Burrow? Broken down Bulaga? Whoever another team cuts when they sign a good player? 

They could have signed Conklin for less than Hart+Glenn made. But they didn't even try. 

Burrow would be entirely justified in pulling an Eli. Bengals better make a trade for a good O-lineman for the right side. 

Edited by sparky151

5 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

I drink the Kool Aid every year.  It's just too good going down.  I'll do it again for the draft and i'll do it again next free agency.  I'm ok with this cycle of abuse, better to hope than be the cynic.  It's not like Mike Brown has been getting any of my money anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

Brady announced he isn't returning to the Pats.  I wonder if this accelerates the Dalton trade as we might have two interested parties,  

No 2nd rd pick for NE. I'm fine with their 3rd (87 overall), but Chicago doesn't have a 3rd, so if it comes down to bidding it'd have to be something like Chicago's 2nd and a 5th for Dalton and our 4th

30 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

No 2nd rd pick for NE. I'm fine with their 3rd (87 overall), but Chicago doesn't have a 3rd, so if it comes down to bidding it'd have to be something like Chicago's 2nd and a 5th for Dalton and our 4th

I’d be very happy with any of New England’s 3rd’s. I will be extremely surprised if we can get a 2nd off Chicago.

I also wouldn’t be surprised to see our FO overplay their hand and come away with nothing.

We need some good news coming our way soon. This is getting bleak. 

• Like 1