Non-Bengal Free Agents

theJ

1 hour ago, theJ said:

I think they have their eyes on the draft.

Maybe but they aren't in a position to be certain of getting one of the first 3 QBs. Either they need to trade up, probably to #3, or they need to risk it, or they need to make a deal ahead of time for Dalton, Cam Newton, Jameis, etc. 

8 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Maybe but they aren't in a position to be certain of getting one of the first 3 QBs. Either they need to trade up, probably to #3, or they need to risk it, or they need to make a deal ahead of time for Dalton, Cam Newton, Jameis, etc. 

I think they ultimately end up with Herbert.  Either at #6, or trading up a spot or two.  This draft won't go QB QB QB.

Plus, the team came out and said today they're riding Tyrod for 2020.  Which i take to me they intend to draft a QB, but aren't saying that in case they don't land one.

They're not trading for Dalton.

10 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Is Eifert an ok/solid TE still? I know he was very good and injuries kind of knocked him down a peg...

Word has it the Jaguars are trying to bring in him or Delaine Walker.

He's a serviceable receiving TE, but the days of him being an explosive weapon over the middle are gone.  Don't count on him much for blocking either.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Is Eifert an ok/solid TE still? I know he was very good and injuries kind of knocked him down a peg...

Word has it the Jaguars are trying to bring in him or Delaine Walker.

Eifert has regularly bounced back from injury and been dynamic,  with last year being the exception.  I'm not sure if it's the offense which doesn't require much from the tight end, his low snap count or injury but he just didn't play the same last year.  Honestly,  I think he needs to move on to an offensive system that uses his skills more.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

Eifert has regularly bounced back from injury and been dynamic,  with last year being the exception.  I'm not sure if it's the offense which doesn't require much from the tight end, his low snap count or injury but he just didn't play the same last year.  Honestly,  I think he needs to move on to an offensive system that uses his skills more.

I think Jay is trying to get him down here in JAX. We've lacked a receiving threat at TE for a while now.

Cameron Wake is past it. Reshad Jones probably is too.  We don't want to be the Redskins of old, signing the stars of 5 years prior. 

Bynes is a good signing. We need another veteran LB though. Maybe Nigel Bradham, Pernell McPhee, or Danny Trevathan?