Non-Bengal Free Agents

theJ

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

One of these things is not like the others. McPhee is an edge rusher.

Yes, we seem to be wanting to play a 3-4 more with the Reader signing. Lawson and Hubbard can probably both play OLB in a 3-4, at least as far as pass rushing and run defense go. McPhee would be another rusher. 

2 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Yes, we seem to be wanting to play a 3-4 more with the Reader signing. Lawson and Hubbard can probably both play OLB in a 3-4, at least as far as pass rushing and run defense go. McPhee would be another rusher. 

Yeah, they can make another edge rusher work.  They're basically in the 3-4 in a lot of the nickel situations, so there's lots of opportunities for their DE's/edge rushers to see the field.

17 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

I hope these rumors of the Bengals being in talks for Trent Williams trade are true. That would IMO put us back into contention, at least on paper. 

I just don't see the Bengals being ready to give up the draft compensation that the Redskins are sure to want. 

It's be great to have him at LT and put Jonah at LG or RT though. 

1 hour ago, johndeere1707 said:

I hope these rumors of the Bengals being in talks for Trent Williams trade are true. That would IMO put us back into contention, at least on paper. 

Why would the team want to go from Glenn to Williams in a week?  Doesn't make sense.  I'd rather draft an OT

7 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Why would the team want to go from Glenn to Williams in a week?  Doesn't make sense.  I'd rather draft an OT

Well, Williams is better. Plus, his issues with his team revolve around how they handled his medical stuff. I don't think it will project to a new team. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Until we don't re-do his deal.  Or don't win enough.  

I'd think a deal would come with the trade. 

Quite honestly though I don't expect they'll do this. They want Jonah to play LT.