Bigger Titan QB disappointment: Jake Locker or Marcus Mariota

Elky

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say Mariota.  People actually thought he was gonna be good.  But then he wasn't.

Jake Locker was such a weird case, where people kinda didn't seem to like him from the start.  And then he retired.  Never even really got to see if he'd be anything, and also really cut the misery of it all short.

I think there's a world in which Jake Locker could've been a little bit like a Josh Allen.  But that didn't happen, and he did them a courtesy of ending it early.  So Mariota who dragged it out for years and years and years, is the more disappointing imo.

2 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I'd say Mariota.  People actually thought he was gonna be good.  But then he wasn't.

Jake Locker was such a weird case, where people kinda didn't seem to like him from the start.  And then he retired.  Never even really got to see if he'd be anything, and also really cut the misery of it all short.

I think there's a world in which Jake Locker could've been a little bit like a Josh Allen.  But that didn't happen, and he did them a courtesy of ending it early.  So Mariota who dragged it out for years and years and years, is the more disappointing imo.

Taysom Hill is probably a better example. They were essentially the same guy in college. The biggest difference is that Hill has had time to grow in the NFL, it’s allowed him to get better while also preserving his body. 

On 3/15/2020 at 5:27 AM, Tugboat said:

This is such an odd way to describe a guy playing out his rookie deal...

On 3/15/2020 at 5:27 AM, Tugboat said:

locker was actually having a pretty good year before he got injured for the last time. no idea if that would've persisted, but i think the josh allen comparison is apt.

• Like 1