Which 2020 prospect would you like to see fall to 24?

whodatworm23

Watching the NFL combine got me thinking… the 24th pick has had its fair luck throughout the years with top players such as Aaron Rodgers, David DeCastro, Ed Reed, Chris Johnson, Dez Bryant and most recently Josh Jacobs. Even the Saints found one of their best draft selections of all time at the 24th pick in 2012 when they selected Cameron Jordan out of California. So it’s clear that finding a great player at this spot is possible, which leads me to my question… is there any particular prospect this year you’d love to see slip to the 24th pick for the Saints?

My guy would be Iowa’s Tristian Wirfs.

A 6’5” 320 lbs athletic freak with 34 inch arms, Wirfs will likely hear his name called as early as the top 10 but with some concern over his true position in the NFL and the depth of the top heavy tackle class a slide is somewhat possible. I believe Wirfs would be a perennial all-pro Guard in the NFL and would be a plug-n-play starter for the Saints next to Terron Armstead. I love investing top draft capability in the trenches and Wirfs is not only an athletic marvel but he comes from Kirk Ferentz NFL offensive lineman factory in Iowa where I know Wirfs has been well coached and prepared for the next level allowing him to hit the ground running as a rookie. I’m so high on Wirfs that I’d even be in favor of the Saints trading up if possible in order to land him.

So who’s your guy?

WHODAT   

2 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

Haha, i knew you were gonna go there... Ok. No Young or Burrow.

I mean Chase Young could've played for any school and I would've went there.  Dude is easily the best prospect in this class regardless of position so obviously I would want him to fall.  Other obvious answers would be WR Jerry Jeudy,  DT/NT Derrick Brown, and LB Isaiah Simmons

On 2/29/2020 at 3:03 AM, whodatworm23 said:

My guy would be Iowa’s Tristian Wirfs.

So who’s your guy?

So being an Iowa guy, I've not only gotten to watch Wirfs, he's the roommate of one of my football buddies son. So, I can tell you, he's of the highest character. The kid is a stallion in the gym, has freaked people out at the combine, and oh yeah, he's a mauler!!

I'm hoping for Wirfs, too, but no way that happens. I've seen him going as high as #4.