Becton at #2?

Suffering_Bills

13 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Kerrigan has no guaranteed money left on his current deal.  He will either be cut, extended for a lower cap hit, or traded.

6 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

Yaeh, I don't think money/resources is a real factor in the DL.

Where it might become an issue is when you are looking to re-sign all those guys in a few years.  Thatd be a ton of money to commit to one position group.

• Like 1

The potential 4 1sts is too much to spend on the DL isn’t a great argument IMO. 

it worked for SF, even though Thomas sucks.

whats the difference between spending 4 1sts on the DL or spending 2-3 1sts and then paying the other 1-2 starters an expensive FA contract?  Yes it’s obviously best in theory to spread out your money and draft picks evenly throughout the roster, but if you invest  4 1sts on the DL and then spend money on the other positions in FA what’s the problem.

DE is the most expensive position after QB, followed by WR, CB, OT, then DT.  

if you have 4 DL starters on rookie deals (not to mention a QB on rookie comtract) should* you have lots of money to fill Out the roster.

17 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Kerrigan will be 34 in a few years...

I figured he'd be gone after this year.

4 of them are on rookie deals if y'all take Chase, correct?  So they'd have to be re-signed which would be a lot of money to devote to one position group on their second contracts.  I'd still do it though.